Tua’s First Start Of His Career Will Be?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Ryan Fitzpatrick is 37 years old. Point being, he isn’t going to get better with more experience.

If he doesn’t stop throwing the ball to the wrong color jersey, (3 interceptions last week), Tua will start a lot sooner than that.

Reactions: Con and The Ols

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
That’d be awesome...but Burreaux is going to have to make it that far. He’s playing well, but he’s getting clobbered too from the little I’ve seen...called qb runs look great, but he’s going to get hammered...this isn’t CFB.

Reactions: Con and Elefantman

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
That’d be awesome...but Burreaux is going to have to make it that far. He’s playing well, but he’s getting clobbered too from the little I’ve seen...called qb runs look great, but he’s going to get hammered...this isn’t CFB.
I watched Burrow's first game. He was running for his life most of the time. The Bengals OL was really poor.
Burrows looked great otherwise. The problem with being a high draft pick QB is that you go to a team where you're lucky to survive the season without injury.

Reactions: Con

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Glad he didn't start against the Pats. Fits didn't have much time to throw, although the O-line didn't give up too many sacks.

Of course Pats defensive backfield is impressive, but the Fins receivers had trouble getting open.

Joe Schad covers the Fins and, IIRC, he's predicted game 3 or 4 for Tua getting his first start.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Later than we think...earlier than he should. I was hoping they would give him a year to acclimate and heal before throwing him to the wolves...
This season is a throw away. They need to avoid all temptation to put him in. I know he’s a very fast healer, but he still needs time off of that hip injury. And their team still sucks.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This season is a throw away. They need to avoid all temptation to put him in. I know he’s a very fast healer, but he still needs time off of that hip injury. And their team still sucks.
Maybe you are right about the hip. If it is not fully healed (and he fully past it mentally), then he should sit. But if he is ready to play, he should play. He needs NFL game experience, and the sooner the better for the franchise.

To attract other players to a losing franchise, you need a ray of sunshine. Tua could be that for Miami. Free agent players will want to play with him as they wanted to play with Mayfield - but Tua is much more talented than Mayfield. But that buzz won't start until he takes the field.

Reactions: Con

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Maybe you are right about the hip. If it is not fully healed (and he fully past it mentally), then he should sit. But if he is ready to play, he should play. He needs NFL game experience, and the sooner the better for the franchise.

To attract other players to a losing franchise, you need a ray of sunshine. Tua could be that for Miami. Free agent players will want to play with him as they wanted to play with Mayfield - but Tua is much more talented than Mayfield. But that buzz won't start until he takes the field.
I just find it hard to believe it’s 100% healed this fast but they’ve advanced the procedure so much and he’s young and has proven to be a quick healer.

I get what you’re saying. The worst thing would be to go out there behind that line and get hurt because of it. I’m sure he’s going to play at some point either way.

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
With an added 7th spot to the playoffs this year it will probably depend on when the Dolphins are in the “abandon all hope” mode. I really think they intend to right Fitz until it’s truly over for this season. Maybe the last 3 weeks of the season

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
With an added 7th spot to the playoffs this year it will probably depend on when the Dolphins are in the “abandon all hope” mode. I really think they intend to right Fitz until it’s truly over for this season. Maybe the last 3 weeks of the season
I completely forgot about that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Personally I wish the Dolphins would commit to not playing him this year or if they do then scripting quick throws and handing the ball off. Not having OTAs and a preseason is not good for a rookie that is viewed as the face of the franchise. Aside from a bad injury the worst thing is to lose confidence because you aren’t used to guys like TJ Watt being in the backfield before you have a chance to set your feet. I think this should be a slow transition.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.