TV Alert - Jeopardy Greatest of All Time (and New Host thread)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I haven't watched "Jeopardy" in years.

Can someone PLEASE explain the LeVar Burton obsession some folks have on this issue?
Is it a race thing ("we want a black guy to host the show")? Is it something else?
Is it his fame from "Roots"?

I didn't watch it, but every single review I read from fans of the show and even of him said Burton was awful. Now there's a cult following almost that seems to want him to get the job now (a small but apparently loud group).

Oh, and I didn't even need to see Joe Buck to know how THAT would go. Another member of the Lucky Sperm club.
I think it just began as one of those internet things probably started because he won a Jeopardy Celebrity Tournament once. IMO, he did an OK job but nothing special.

Reactions: selmaborntidefan

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think it just began as one of those internet things probably started because he won a Jeopardy Celebrity Tournament once. IMO, he did an OK job but nothing special.
Ok. I just know everything I'd read about his particular hosting from fans was pretty bad. And then when Mike quit, his name surfaced as a cult favorite.

They need Wink Martindale if he was, you know, YOUNG!

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I haven't watched "Jeopardy" in years.

Can someone PLEASE explain the LeVar Burton obsession some folks have on this issue?
Is it a race thing ("we want a black guy to host the show")? Is it something else?
Is it his fame from "Roots"?

I didn't watch it, but every single review I read from fans of the show and even of him said Burton was awful. Now there's a cult following almost that seems to want him to get the job now (a small but apparently loud group).

Oh, and I didn't even need to see Joe Buck to know how THAT would go. Another member of the Lucky Sperm club.
Star Trek: The Next Generation nerds wanted mostly. Reading Rainbow? Maybe?

• Thank You
Reactions: 92tide

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Joe Buck did a wonderful job. Honest.

Yes, Burton was horrible. I did see on line chatter from his cult saying he was wonderful with some saying his detractors are racist. There were two other black guest hosts. Robin Roberts was great. Bill Whittaker (60 Minutes) was OK but dull.

Aaron Rodgers was also very good.

Richards was towards the bottom for me. He seemed to have gone to the Guy Smiley School of game show hosting.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Ok. I just know everything I'd read about his particular hosting from fans was pretty bad. And then when Mike quit, his name surfaced as a cult favorite.

They need Wink Martindale if he was, you know, YOUNG!
He has a job as DC for the Ravens. ;)

As far as Lavar Burton, I'm guessing that a lot of his support is comong from non viewers.

Reactions: The Ols

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Richards is now out as Executive Producer.

Bialik is also catching flack for her past comments on vaccines, childbirth, and dressing not to get raped.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That Matt guy has ruined it for me. No fun watching him hogging all the clues and running away from it.

Sure, I realize it's a competition and he's just doing what he's supposed to do.

The problem is the excitement of a competition, for me, is gone.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
That Matt guy has ruined it for me. No fun watching him hogging all the clues and running away from it.

Sure, I realize it's a competition and he's just doing what he's supposed to do.

The problem is the excitement of a competition, for me, is gone.
I think he makes it interesting. He looks like he is enjoying it and some of the answers he gets I cant imagine who would know that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.