TV Alert - Jeopardy Greatest of All Time (and New Host thread)

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
The two guest hosts that surprised me the most by doing a good job were Mike Richards and David Faber, both of who I wasn't familiar with beforehand.
IMO, also doing a good job were Aaron Rodgers, Jennings and Buzzy.
Joe Buck is up next and I think the last at this time.
My three favorites have been: Mike Richards, Levar Burton and Mayim Bialik.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Beginning to look like this might not happen now:
With "Jeopardy!" executive producer Mike Richards emerging as the apparent frontrunner to replace the late Alex Trebek as host of the long-running quiz show, three lawsuits alleging discrimination and gender-based harassment when he was at "The Price Is Right" are back in the spotlight.
Mike Richards' legal past comes back to haunt him as 'Jeopardy!' hosting gig looms (msn.com)

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
From Variety
Mike Richards has been confirmed as the permanent host of “Jeopardy!,” taking the reins after producer Sony Pictures Television held a months-long process of on-air auditions to replace the legendary Alex Trebek.

A game show veteran, Richards has also served as executive producer of “Jeopardy!” since last year. Sony’s decision to tap him as the permanent host has generated some clucking in the industry about whether there was a true competition among the more than 15 personalities who have served as guest hosts over the past eight months. Richards will continue in his role as executive producer of “Jeopardy!” and its companion “Wheel of Fortune” in addition to stepping in front of the camera.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
There is no such thing as forgiveness nor redemption in the world we now live in.
Except if you're a coach in college athletics.

then you can cheat to your heart's content, leave, go do a year away from the sport - and wind up at Auburn.

Hell, Bobby Petrino did better after his motorcycle wreck than Arkansas has for doing the right thing.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Supposedly filming had already begun with Richards taping at least 5 new episodes when he decided to step down. Probably back to revolving guest hosts for awhile.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I watched all the guest hosts and all I can say about his on camera work is that he was better than Levar Burton.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I haven't watched "Jeopardy" in years.

Can someone PLEASE explain the LeVar Burton obsession some folks have on this issue?
Is it a race thing ("we want a black guy to host the show")? Is it something else?
Is it his fame from "Roots"?

I didn't watch it, but every single review I read from fans of the show and even of him said Burton was awful. Now there's a cult following almost that seems to want him to get the job now (a small but apparently loud group).

Oh, and I didn't even need to see Joe Buck to know how THAT would go. Another member of the Lucky Sperm club.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.