Question: TV for Bama-Duke Game

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Anybody know where I can find a regional coverage map of the Bama Duke game?
Can't help you there, but I do know those games are also shown on ESPN3.com.

This past weekend, there were two ABC games at 2:30. One was the OU game. The other was Iowa/Iowa State. OU was on my ABC. The Iowa game was on ESPN 2 for some reason. I doubt that happens this weekend though.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Yep, I'll be watching this one "muted." No offense to you ladies around here but, football just doesn't sound right with a female play by play announcer. I just hope the delay isn't too bad, it's been awhile since I've tried listening to the radio while watching the game on TV.

Hal Bennett

Suspended
Aug 18, 2008
Yes, I've seen Beth Mowins doing games, this will be one to turn the TV down and listen to Eli.
I taped the Penn State game, and I have run the tape back probably six times. Not one time have I heard Musburger and Herbstreit. I watch it as if it were a 1950's high school coach's film.

I will do the same with this Duke-Bama broadcast, looks like.

I actually ran an experiment with the North Carolina-Virginia Tech game, with Musburger and Herbstreit. I taped the game, pausing the recording mode every time the play was over, only coming back to it when the center reached for the ball. I then did my playback, and I found that Musburger still talked the whole time during each play. In other words, he so covered each and every play with his irrelevant jabber that there evidently is no way you can eliminate his jabber from a taping -- without just entirely eliminating the whole game. And I would not try to listen to Herbstreit's color commentary only, because when he does the color with Musburger, there is no chemistry between them, and basically he squeaks frenetically tye entire game, trying to make some sense of an impossible situation.

Yes, I may be a hopelessly overreactive curmudgeon, but I fear that the day of watching a top-notch college football game on TV, with the best available announcers in the business doing the game, may be over. And if I wanted to get real "Southern conspiratorial" about it, I would even jump to the conclusion that "somebody up there doesn't like us," that "they" are going to see to it that the traditional male in this country has had his way long enough, and that especially Southern white males who enjoyed Alabama football in the Paul Bryant era will not have it their way during the Saban era. I know that sounds dangerously paranoid. I just said it though, didn't I? I KNOW it is politically incorrect to say it.

There are competent broadcasters out there. But no, we become number one in the country, and what do we get? Instead of the cream of the sports broadcast crop rising to the top and getting the best gigs, we have a TV establishment that is seeing to it that their choice gets the gig. I tell you who is choosing these people -- it is the same people who thought that Marisi Tomei should win an Oscar for My Cousin Vinny. Joe Pesci should have won the Oscar for his unforgettable performance in that film, and Miss Tomei shouldn't have even been casted. But that's what we have nowadays, and it is into sports television.

Atlantatide

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 7, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
I just hope the delay isn't too bad, it's been awhile since I've tried listening to the radio while watching the game on TV.
I listened to Eli during the PSU game and the delay was about 2 seconds. It does take time to get use to. On a short yardage play, you hear the whistle on the radio before you see the snap of the ball. However, it's still better than listening to the tv broadcast.

Rueben

All-American
Sep 5, 2008
NAHTOD
I can't belive thAT in this day an time of electronic miracles that there is not soem little device that can used to dealy the T.V. broadcast by 2 seconds to match up the T.V. / Radio broadcast.

Black Warrior

Suspended
Mar 30, 2010
I agree on the female announce thing. For me it has to do with the register of the voice. A couple of octaves do make a difference as far as listenabilty. And like others, I perfected tuning out my ex wife's voice during games and it's become a habit.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Nothing.. Its just hard to listen to a female talking during a football game.. Ive conditioned myself to tune out the female voice when the game is on. :)
I'm just picking on ya. I don't get to hear the announcers anyway. We have my family over, and we are always yapping so it gets hard to hear the announcers.

paul02085

All-SEC
Sep 12, 2004
Loganville, Ga.
Female announcer? You gotta be kidding. This isnt a WNBA game is it? Man it is gonna s..k watching the game without sound. Is there a way to shut out the announcer but leave the crowd noise? (not that it will be very loud since we are playing in an oversized high school stadium :))

I will try to use the internet to find an audio feed but i doubt it will match up with the video.

No offense ladies, but i am too old and set in my ways for this :)

RamJamHam

Suspended
Jan 28, 2009
I can't belive thAT in this day an time of electronic miracles that there is not soem little device that can used to dealy the T.V. broadcast by 2 seconds to match up the T.V. / Radio broadcast.
If you have a DVR and a quick thumb you can get the TV and radio reasonably synced up.

okbama

1st Team
Mar 10, 2003
tulsa,ok74103
I found this on ABC's football schedule. The 2 means look at the blackout map. I assume it's on ABC in Bama and NC. Game plan for everyone else.

Alabama at Duke 2:30 p.m. ABC / ESPN-GP *2

I found this on ABC's football schedule. The 2 means look at the blackout map. I assume it's on ABC in Bama and NC. Game plan for everyone else.

Alabama at Duke 2:30 p.m. ABC / ESPN-GP *2
The other two ABC daytime games are Nebraska/Washington and Arizona State/Wisconsin.

As a result, I'd imagine the entire eastern portion of the United States will be getting Alabama/Duke, while the mid-west and western portions will be split amongst those two games. The coverage maps, though, won't be out until tomorrow or Wednesday.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.