UA v Samford

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Dang, I just now get to tune in to find us down 4-2 in the 8th, Samford with the bases loaded.

We're on our 5th pitcher. At least we got out of that jam.

Need some runs, we only have 3 hits thru 7.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I hear you JoJo, heading to the home of the #1 team in the country in a 'mini' hitting slump. Our runs tonight came on a Dugas 2-run HR.

It's gone final, Samford wins 4-2.

I know there are some that don't put much value on these midweek games, but it is aggravating to lose them...

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Off-topic a bit, but I'm more convinced than ever that our bats are putting us at a disadvantage power-wise. After seeing a few of our guys square one up and it be short of the wall, then seeing their little CF (who can't be more than 170 lbs) square one up that lands in the trees, and a couple other of their guys get a "not" solid hit that still goes to the warning track, it's either the bats, or we have a terrible strength program.

I don't remember the exact dimensions of Samford's home park, but 1 guy on their team shouldn't have more (equal, now) homers than our entire team combined.

I know we're not a "homer-happy" team, but that doesn't mean that we CAN'T hit one.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.