UAB's Bill Clark stepping down due to health concerns

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
The UAB message board crowd is a jaded, skittish bunch. They don't doubt the health issues, but think the retirement now, as opposed to a leave of absence, is a way for him to leave a legend and pursue a P5 job when healthy.
If he accepts a job with the SCLSU Muddogs this afternoon they should still be thanking him on bended knee for what he's done.

Reactions: dtgreg

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Even though he was HC at UAB, I have nothing but respect for Coach Clark

I've met him during his time in our coaching world in Northeast Alabama at JSU & he's one of the nicest person you'll ever meet..

He's a super HC & equally nice human being..I wish nothing but the best & for a full recovery!!!..

Reactions: Con

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
The UAB message board crowd is a jaded, skittish bunch. They don't doubt the health issues, but think the retirement now, as opposed to a leave of absence, is a way for him to leave a legend and pursue a P5 job when healthy.
Why create a gap in his resume if that's what he really wanted to do? This is nonsensical. However, it is totally believable as something coming from the UAB fan base. Of course, I'd be mad too if I just lost probably the best football coach they will likely ever have there.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
Wait.... There are UAB fans? When I was there as faculty they literally could not pay anyone to go to the games.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
Wait.... There are UAB fans? When I was there as faculty they literally could not pay anyone to go to the games.
There are a few. Honestly, going to a Bama game is such a hassle and so expensive that I have thought about taking my kids to a UAB game. We've been to UWA and Samford games. Small college games can be a lot of fun.

Reactions: Padreruf

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I believe the only UAB "fans" in existence are so because of some perceived slight from the University of Alabama, and their hatred of Alabama. IOW, they are fans due to spite.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.