UAB’s turnover prop

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I’m going with ridiculousness. I’ve never been a fan of “ball out belts” or “turnover chains” or props like this.
This one? It is just plain stupid looking. And even more idiotic to whip it out when you’re down 49 points with five minutes to go in the game.
If I’m a coach for UAB, I walk over to the player and the equipment manager and tell them “Dude, this calls for situational awareness. Look at the scoreboard. Don’t pull that out.”

Reactions: OSUTideFan and Con

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Well we did begin this trend with our ball out belt. We have documentation going back to 2015 when we used it during the spring and 2015 season. I don't think the other schools who take credit for starting can document it this far back. I enjoy ours but most of the copycats have gotten out of hand.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
He didn't really seem like he even wanted to put it on. It was like he was being forced to pose for a picture.

If they are going to go this far, they might as well just have a throne or something that they let the guy sit on for a while. I've seen those Game of Thrones display thrones from Wal-Mart for sale fairly cheap, heh.

Reactions: CB4

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
He didn't really seem like he even wanted to put it on. It was like he was being forced to pose for a picture.

If they are going to go this far, they might as well just have a throne or something that they let the guy sit on for a while. I've seen those Game of Thrones display thrones from Wal-Mart for sale fairly cheap, heh.
Last year during a UNC game the broadcaster showed an extremely disturbing computer animation of Sam Howell on a throne as the “King of the Fourth”. It was styled like the Game of Thrones throne.

• Haha
Reactions: KrAzY3 and CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

SMU has a “crown and chalice”. So the throne would be the logical next step. Considering the condition of the SMU program, maybe the most appropriate “throne” would come from the bathroom section at Lowe’s or Home Depot.

Reactions: KrAzY3

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.