UCLA and USC WILL Join the B1G in 2024

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
Now 3 of those (Boise, Colorado St., and San Diego St.) are the only realistic possibilities for the PAC 12. I wouldn’t be surprised to see more PAC 12 teams leave either. If Coloradodoes not go to the Big 10 I could see them going back to the Big 12 along with Arizona, Arizona St, and Utah.
Fresno State?????

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Duke is only as relevant as its basketball team. It’ll be interesting to see how they do in the post-Coach K era.
Would be great on the B-ball side, as would NC and Virginia, for that matter. For years the thinking was Duke and NC would be a package deal. IDK.

Wallace Wade only holds 40K, which upon checking is about what Vandy holds (though it was closer to 50k).

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It’s interesting to me that when the SEC is involved, there’s weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. When it’s the Big Ten, things just seem to fall into place.
The Big XII was far more stable than both the ACC and Pac 12 so everyone saw Texas and Oklahoma as destroying a viable product. Without USC, the Pac 12 is done.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The Big XII was far more stable than both the ACC and Pac 12 so everyone saw Texas and Oklahoma as destroying a viable product. Without USC, the Pac 12 is done.
Yes but this even goes back to Texas A&M/Missouri and Nebraska/Colorado.

Nebraska leaves for the Big Ten and while there was a lot of "Wow" reactions, there wasn't a lot of national reprimand kind of talk for Nebraska and certainly not the Big Ten.

When Texas/OU/Colorado and others were being mentioned for the Pac 12, I remember a lot of national egging it on for lack of a better description. Larry Scott was being hailed as a genius.

A&M wants to go to the SEC? I remember some negativity. It wasn't earth shattering, but there was very little positive media reaction to it that I recall, except from southern media.

Now, Texas/OU going to the SEC? They are evil and money hungry and Greg Sankey is destroying the sport.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yes but this even goes back to Texas A&M/Missouri and Nebraska/Colorado.

Nebraska leaves for the Big Ten and while there was a lot of "Wow" reactions, there wasn't a lot of national reprimand kind of talk for Nebraska and certainly not the Big Ten.

When Texas/OU/Colorado and others were being mentioned for the Pac 12, I remember a lot of national egging it on for lack of a better description. Larry Scott was being hailed as a genius.

A&M wants to go to the SEC? I remember some negativity. It wasn't earth shattering, but there was very little positive media reaction to it that I recall, except from southern media.

Now, Texas/OU going to the SEC? They are evil and money hungry and Greg Sankey is destroying the sport.
I’m not gonna mention that the only time you’ll ever see the media go Full Moron calling the tomahawk chop “racist” is when it’s the Atlanta Braves.

KC Chiefs? Look at those enthusiastic fans!

I’ll not deny the South has a very bad racial legacy in many ways. But study after study has also been done that shows the typical East Coast news coverage immediately slants hard against the Southern US, too. We may - as a region - give off a persecution complex but there are also points where it’s absolutely correct, too.

I don’t want to push this any further into NS territory because it’s an important thread. However, I saw my Dad earlier this month and I mentioned going through the national title voted prior to Auburn getting wise and breaking the system in 1957. He said that even though you never saw and rarely heard southern teams (in Missouri) in 1957, you always knew that the northern team was going to have the votes no matter how far behind they were in any previous poll. (He also began chuckling at a memory of the fans stuffing the MLB ASG ballot box and electing a bunch of Cincinnati Reds to start. It’s a favorite memory of his).

There IS to some degree an anti-Southern bias in much of the coverage. Now I don’t want to be put in a corner with the flakes on that, but you can sit down even today and notice a change in terms subtly describing a difference of the exact same thing someone does based on geography.

Same thing here. Plus, the leader of the Big 10 is Gomer Pyle compared to his predecessor or the SEC generals (Kramer/Slive/Sankey). Kevin Warren should have been fired when that tape leaked as to why he was trying to cancel the Covid football season.

But guess what? Mark this down: in August, a bunch of publications and pundits will be writing pieces about how Warren is keeping the B1G even with the SEC and how he’s Sankey’s equal and how he’s a progressive leader with a futuristic vision.

Remember also…the big journalism school that pumps out a bunch of these mouth breathers is Northwestern, and they latch onto UM and Ohio St like the Mississippi trans chant “SEC!”

• Thank You
Reactions: TideEngineer08

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Guessing football evolves into a 2 conference - 48 team league.

Hoops stays very similar to what it is now. With the two mega conferences plus other power conferences like the A-10, Big East. ACC continues as a hoops and other sports conference

I think Duke and NC State stay in the ACC.

SEC picks up 5 or 6 from the ACC - UNC, UVA, FSU, Miami, Clemson and maybe VaTech.

Popcorn worthy day.

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
A joke I've seen thrown around on twitter since this announcement was made is that Big Ten fans who constantly complain about how schools from warmer areas "won't" come play in the Midwest in November will finally have their dream come true 😂

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.