UGA appears to have quit on the 2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I think something like this will be the new norm....with what happened with Clemson after the 2017 season with so many players coming back being an anomaly.

Here's hoping Dylan Moses returning is the beginning of an anomaly for us this year.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I feel about Baylor about the same way that I feel about State Penn - the programs should not exist. I cannot pull for them.
Fair. I felt that way at first too but I like Rhule so I've come around some. As soon as he's gone I'll go back to disliking them.

Reactions: B1GTide

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I feel about Baylor about the same way that I feel about State Penn - the programs should not exist. I cannot pull for them.
At some point, though, those that were a part of the scandal will all move on.....

So, in 20 years, maybe.....but for now, it's still too fresh.....

I struggle with them both as well....

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I think that Baylor's coach must be really good, but I think that the systematic issues they had with Briles there would make it hard for me to ever root for them. On the other hand, Georgia looks like a sinking ship right now and I am not sure how they are going to beat Baylor? This is one of those 'one team wants to be there, the other doesn't' kind of games, and if Baylor ships them, what kind of heat will Kirby be under?

chattabama12

Scout Team
Oct 22, 2008
I'm going to be very interested in how Georgia looks next year. It seems like Kirby can be a little immature at times -- I wonder if his teams will stay focused enough to be considered one of the truly elite programs.

Reactions: Con

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I'm going to be very interested in how Georgia looks next year. It seems like Kirby can be a little immature at times -- I wonder if his teams will stay focused enough to be considered one of the truly elite programs.
I hope they look bad when Bama plays them (the 3rd game of the season?). I really think they will fix their offense over the off season though.. plus they have some very good recruits about to enroll. Glad it is a home game. I kind of hope Fromm leaves, but I think he will stay for his senior year.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
By the way, as much as it is true that non-playoff games are going to see some pro-potential players skip out, I tend to believe what we've seen out of Georgia over the past 2 bowl seasons is not normal and could be a sign of underlying trouble.

Reactions: UAllday and B1GTide

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
As far as Baylor goes the ones that were involved are gone. Why punish those who were not involved? Why hate on someone who had nothing to do with the situation?
I hope Baylor stomps a mudhole in UGA.
I hope that utterly destroy UGA like I'm hoping our boys utterly destroy Michigan

Reactions: AlBamaWagg

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As far as Baylor goes the ones that were involved are gone. Why punish those who were not involved? Why hate on someone who had nothing to do with the situation?
I hope Baylor stomps a mudhole in UGA.
The school and program were responsible - not just the players and coaches. Wake up.

• Thank You
Reactions: 78Alum and The Ols

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Baylor doesn't have to exist. The other 2nd/3rd tier Texas schools would benefit from one less school taking talent. I don't feel any remorse in saying schools like Penn State and Baylor shouldn't have football programs. The players they'd be scholarshipping would just go somewhere else. Some other program will rise up from the FCS to fill the next gap in scholarship offers.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Baylor doesn't have to exist. The other 2nd/3rd tier Texas schools would benefit from one less school taking talent. I don't feel any remorse in saying schools like Penn State and Baylor shouldn't have football programs. The players they'd be scholarshipping would just go somewhere else. Some other program will rise up from the FCS to fill the next gap in scholarship offers.
SMU in particular since I think it was pretty bogus of the ncaa to destroy their program over far less egregious sins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.