UGA appears to have quit on the 2019 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Alternatively: how many of those guys with "undisclosed" availability got pinged on the NCAA drug test?
You know what, I'm not upset with this topic at all. looks like the possibility of ANOTHER year that UGA comes up short at the end of the season. I am interested as well if these "undisclosed" reasons are due to failing drug tests ... not a good look for a program at this level of the game. Six players with undisclosed reasons should raise a lot of eyebrows ... and red flags.

Reactions: Bubbaloo

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
The school and program were responsible - not just the players and coaches. Wake up.
I get what you're saying and if you don't want to send your kids to Baylor so be it. Matter of fact, I agree about the issues at the university itself.
But to blame a group of coaches and players who have no part in it is unfair.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
I get what you're saying and if you don't want to send your kids to Baylor so be it. Matter of fact, I agree about the issues at the university itself.
I have to somewhat agree with you. Everyone that was involved with that scandal is gone. From the president down to every coach. They got rid of Ken Star and hired a female who's only child is a daughter. Not sure how much more you can do to clean that up.

• Thank You
Reactions: AlBamaWagg and Con

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Sorry - I was unclear - I do not blame these folks, but that does not change my point. The football program needs to be totally shut down. Let the kids and coaches go somewhere else. Preferrably somewhere that rape is not condoned.

Reactions: selmaborntidefan

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I have to somewhat agree with you. Everyone that was involved with that scandal is gone. From the president down to every coach. They got rid of Ken Star and hired a female who's only child is a daughter. Not sure how much more you can do to clean that up.
Shut it down? They did it because the school profited from football. Take that away. Any punishment short of that does not reach deeply enough to ensure that it won't happen again.

Remember, this happened well after the State Penn disaster. Schools are not afraid. They will just apologize, fire some folks and pretend that it never happened. This will continue until someone pays a price that no one else will be willing to pay.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I hope they look bad when Bama plays them (the 3rd game of the season?). I really think they will fix their offense over the off season though.. plus they have some very good recruits about to enroll. Glad it is a home game. I kind of hope Fromm leaves, but I think he will stay for his senior year.
Just curious — Why do you think UGA will fix their offensive problems? They lost maybe the best OL coach in the country (now HC at Arkansas). If they fire their OC, I’m not sure the lack of continuity (something we know all too well) will allow true improvement.

to be fair, this has been the offseason sentiment in athens for as long as i can remember.
Good line. Consistent with my limited exposure to UGA fans — every year is “their year”.....in August. January is another story.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Just curious — Why do you think UGA will fix their offensive problems? They lost maybe the best OL coach in the country (now HC at Arkansas). If they fire their OC, I’m not sure the lack of continuity (something we know all too well) will allow true improvement.

I just think the light will come on for Kirby, maybe not to the degree it did for Coach O and LSU, but after what UGA's offense looked like this year, and all the criticism, players and Kirby making comments trying to defend it.... UGA getting beat by South Carolina and humiliated by LSU again...I just think he will spend the off season re-evaluating some things. Isn't Matt Luke supposed to be a good O Line coach too? I guess we will know soon if they fire Coley or at least bring in someone from the NFL like LSU did with Joe Brady.

I personally hope their offense is the same or worse next year, especially when Bama plays them, but I doubt that it will be. It is just my opinion, as I am no football expert.

JustJim

Scout Team
Dec 5, 2011
Tuscaloosa, AL
We a re now beginning to see the future Georgia football team.
The first 2 years Kirby was blessed with a stable full of players (that he didn't recruit), which are now gone.
With Dan Mullen now at Florida the easy road to the SEC championship is going away.
Tennessee is coming (a year or two down the road).
So the question is; is Kirby a great head coach? Or just a great Defensive coordinator?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.