BREAKING UGA/MIZZOU now postponed (11/14/20)

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Kinda what I was thinking. Let's give it this one week, and see if the schedule can be managed. The conference expected this to happen at some point, and we'd be foolish to expect otherwise.

If we can't get 4-5 games on the calendar for 11/21, then I think the league needs to review if we can play anymore at all.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Maybe it's good for this to happen now and be out of the way. Not likely that it'll hit again this hard before this month is over. Fingers crossed

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I saw on the UGA message boards that JT Daniels has been named the starter Saturday for the game against Miss State. It will be interesting to watch him. Not sure if it is because Stetson Bennett still has shoulder issues, or JT really passed him on the depth chart since he is supposedly physically and mentally ready.

Would be funny if somehow Leach could get the offense going and beat UGA, but I just don't see it. We do need UGA to still be ranked for the first playoff rankings next week though. Need Auburn to be ranked also. The win against Texas AM is looking better each day too.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I just cringe when the financial fallout begins to really hit a lot of these programs. I read where South Carolina football program projects to have a $44 million loss due to COVID.
Add Muschamp‘s buyout, and it’s $57 million. I don’t know what staff buyouts might be, but I’d guess they would push the total over $60 million.

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Add Muschamp‘s buyout, and it’s $57 million. I don’t know what staff buyouts might be, but I’d guess they would push the total over $60 million.
And they still have to find another coach, so I guess they won't be going after anyone with a large buyout.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Wow...another $10 million here and another $10 million there and pretty soon we are talking about “real” money...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
and then tack on the payout to coach boom :oops:
There will be a "thinning of the herd" in college football if something doesn't come forth to allow people to get back into stadiums at full capacity. Obviously the big boy programs more than likely can/will make it. But there's A LOT of well known name programs that may fall victim if this continues into 2021. Mardi Gras in Nawlins has already been cancelled for 2021...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
They may as well postpone everything this weekend.
I really hope Alabama can get the game in though. At this point the number of wins is going to come into play at least to some extent. Not only that, but I'm not so sure three weeks off in a row is really the best way to prepare for the Auburn game. This can also be read as I really hope Alabama can stay healthy and not catch Covid.

Finally, an Alabama QB finally winning a Heisman would be really nice as well.

Reactions: jashleyren2

jashleyren2

1st Team
Aug 27, 2018
Hoping we get this weekend in, and don't suffer any injury or issues with CoVId, following the game. It's a big risk every time the team takes the field.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Hoping we get this weekend in, and don't suffer any injury or issues with CoVId, following the game. It's a big risk every time the team takes the field.
My thoughts too. At least we have home games Saturday and vs Auburn, which is a little less risky than having to travel. My concern is if/when we have to travel to LSU, Arkansas, and then Atlanta 3 weeks in a row. That could be a major Covid concern, even though I know Saban is the best at trying to keep it under control... plus Thanksgiving.

I would think the players will be asked to stay in Tuscaloosa and try to be in a bubble over Thanksgiving. Saban usually has a big meal at his home for players who don't go home that day.. I doubt that happens either unless they spread out in every room in his home and/or have it outside if the weather is nice.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.