Link: Ugh. Deonte Brown, others, suspended

Toddrn

All-American
Nov 29, 2006
Woodstock, Ga
They are all from different states. Wonder if the other 2 went home with Brown to Decatur and that's where they got in trouble? Decatur hasn't been very good for our players when they have free time on their hands. Hate it for everyone, but Brown hasn't played much lately and the other 2 are not starters. Just hope this doesn't affect the mind set of those that made the trip. RTR

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Also let's not be quick to be on them. They are young and let them learn from their mistakes

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Context is important. This isn't during the offseason, and Brown isn't a reserve looking at mop up duty. He's a key starter, and this is the lead up to a two-game playoff for the national championship.

They all knew the rules and the standard, and chose to do something else. It's especially disappointing about Brown, precisely because he makes a huge difference. The OL just isn't the same without him.

Sorry, not sorry.
Agree 1000%, and would add some military-grade language that would get me suspended.

How selfish of these guys to screw up!! I'm sure their teammates really appreciate their actions, NOT!
This. This. And This.

We fans may moan and whine, but it's about letting your teammates down at a crucial time.

All the work. All the S&C. All the film study. I would love to hear what Damian Harris, Najee Harris, and Josh Jacobs are saying amongst themselves. They're busting it every day, and one of the key run blockers decides his short-term pleasure is more important than their long-term effort, right as that effort is paying off in the form of a chance at a championship.

Wonder what Coach Key has to say? All the scheming and prep and his own film study is also affected. A lot of it could have been spent preparing other guys.

What about Tua? Doing everything he can to be back, but will at best be more vulnerable than normal. And one of the very guys he's counting on to protect him says, "Sorry, bro. I'd rather do something that gets me suspended."

If a mistake like this affects only the offender, it's stupid youthful screw-up. When it affects 100 others in a meaningful way, it's jaw-droppingly selfish.

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
They are all from different states. Wonder if the other 2 went home with Brown to Decatur and that's where they got in trouble? Decatur hasn't been very good for our players when they have free time on their hands. Hate it for everyone, but Brown hasn't played much lately and the other 2 are not starters. Just hope this doesn't affect the mind set of those that made the trip. RTR
Decatur is not to blame. An idiot can find trouble anywhere if they look for it.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
BUT! Their STUPID mistakes hurt THE TEAM! I said THE TEAM! They let their BROTHERS down!
I know we`re all beating the same drum here but I guess what`s so frustrating is that things like this aren`t " honest " mistakes arising from simply not knowing. This is a willful, premeditated ( in all likelihood ) violation of known standards. Not only that, but at arguably the most important time of the season. I guess you just have to chalk it up as yet another example in a galaxy of examples of youth being wasted on the young.

I`m also certain that my level of dismay is only heightened by my advancing age and the accompanying realization as to how precious and rare these opportunities are in life.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It's a really good thing Coach Saban recruits at the level he does..And we have quality back up's chomping at the bits for PT & there's not a huge drop off should situations like this happens..

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Decatur is not to blame. An idiot can find trouble anywhere if they look for it.
This.
Having said that, “local knowledge” can get you to it faster.
But this may have been a curfew violation, or something similar that resulted from a lack of focus, not necessarily a willfully bad decision.
Not defending anyone - all of them are expected to abide by the rules and suffer the same punishment if they don’t.
It was dumb, what ever it was, but there are “ degrees” of dumbness IMO that may not mitigate the level of punishment.
In other words, to me violating curfew is not as severe or problematic as, say, failing a drug test or getting a DUI. I don’t know if CNS has a scale he uses for punishment as relating to the severity of the violation, or not. He’s the boss, he decides.
Will we ever know what the violation was? Unless they broke the law, I doubt it. I’m thinking if it’s just a suspension for the Orange Bowl, it’s enough to get their attention.
Ryan Anderson and Dillon Lee come to mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
This.
Having said that, “local knowledge” can get you to it faster.
But this may have been a curfew violation, or something similar that resulted from a lack of focus, not necessarily a willfully bad decision.
Not defending anyone - all of them are expected to abide by the rules and suffer the same punishment if they don’t.
It was dumb, what ever it was, but there are “ degrees” of dumbness IMO that may not mitigate the level of punishment.
In other words, to me violating curfew is not as severe or problematic as, say, failing a drug test or getting a DUI. I don’t know if CNS has a scale he uses for punishment as relating to the severity of the violation, or not. He’s the boss, he decides.
Will we ever know what the violation was? Unless they broke the law, I doubt it. I’m thinking if it’s just a suspension for the Orange Bowl, it’s enough to get their attention.
Ryan Anderson and Dillon Lee come to mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think it was the 2012 NC game in the Orange Bowl where Lee an Anderson violated team rules an didn’t make the trip... Maybe the Orange Bowl is just bad voodoo for Bama players?!? 😜

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.