Update on Waddle and his recovery

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
There’s apparently a small possibility that Alabama’s injured star wide receiver could be back before the end of the season.

Jaylen Waddle, who suffered a fractured ankle vs. Tennessee Oct. 24 that was announced as a season-ending injury, is set to have his cast removed this week, per sources. There continues to be a lot of optimism regarding his recovery and recovery timetable to the point that — while it’s still unlikely — there’s at least a small chance he could be back for the College Football Playoff should the Crimson Tide make it there, according to sources.

Guido

1st Team
Feb 24, 2017
Great player for us but you're a maybe first round guy, heal, go pro and make bama nation proud in the pros. We got some dudes right behind you.

Elefantman

All-American
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Love to see him play another game for Bama but he needs to take the long view. Thanks JW for the memories, now go make some pro DB's life miserable.

Reactions: melvinm

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I love Waddle, but I would advise him to take the money and run.
Win or lose Jalen can forgo our final games and arrive at the NFL
100% healthy, or he could roll the dice and play for us when he may not be 100%.

Reactions: jjv0004

bamapuppy

1st Team
Mar 28, 2008
Hillsborough, NC
I would not expect to see him again this season, unless it is during the college playoffs. Waddle could play a major factor playing a team like Clemson, or Ohio State. So, hopefully we can be ranked #1 coming into the playoffs, and get the pass with a weaker team. Play the winner of Clemson / Ohio State #2, and #3. Then bring in the healthy Waddle to take the top off the defense. Weal know that there is not a team that can cover Smitty, and Waddle. Well, that's my opinion.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Here's something to think about:
Saban's quote:
“It’s a difficult timetable to know when a guy can come back from something like this," Saban said. "That’s something that’s going to be ongoing. Probably six to eight weeks before he can even start real heavy rehab, then relative to your position, how fast can you come back after that is really, really up in the air.”
https://alabama.rivals.com/news/nick-saban-provides-injury-update-on-jaylen-waddle I believe he said that around mid October.

This is the 4th week and he's getting cast removed. He's two weeks ahead of the schedule. So, now he has full 6 weeks of rehab going toward December 19th for SEC Championship. I fully don't expect him to play on December 19th unless he has make significant progress within 3 weeks of rehab. The fact Waddle is ahead of schedule suggests that he might make same progress with heavy rehab going forward.

BadgerTidefan

1st Team
Dec 2, 2006
Jennings, FL
I can understand fans being concerned about him being cleared and playing this year and even advising against it, but............There's no way the staff will clear him until he's healed and ready to play. Maybe that would have happened under some previous regimes at Bama, but CNS doesn't play those games. That said, it's a tough physical game and everyone knows that on any play someone can suffer a potentially career ending injury. If he were to get cleared its still his choice.

TideFans.shop - Winter is Coming!

TideFansShop.com : 30% Off Sitewide!
TideFans.Shop - Get your Bama gear here!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop link may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads