News Article: Update Your Windows Computers Today (Security Vulnerability)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I doubt it. This supposedly came about very recently and the update was just released publicly today. If you are in an industry/government that got early updates then nevermind.
I meant we updated to Windows 10. Anything older is no longer supported as of today, so we did it. I cannot really read the article without turning off adblocker so I really don't care what else the article says. The no longer supporting Windows 10 has been known for a while. Hell I knew about it from my last company back in September.

• Thank You
Reactions: NationalTitles18

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I meant we updated to Windows 10. Anything older is no longer supported as of today, so we did it. I cannot really read the article without turning off adblocker so I really don't care what else the article says. The no longer supporting Windows 10 has been known for a while. Hell I knew about it from my last company back in September.
From the article:

Microsoft has now also confirmed the vulnerability. It stated that "A spoofing vulnerability exists in the way Windows CryptoAPI (Crypt32.dll) validates Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) certificates." This means that an attacker could be able to exploit this, in a way that the NSA said "makes trust vulnerable," by using a spoofed code-signing certificate. By so doing, a malicious file could appear to come from a legitimate and trusted source. "A successful exploit could also allow the attacker to conduct man-in-the-middle attacks and decrypt confidential information on user connections to the affected software," Microsoft said, adding that "the security update addresses the vulnerability by ensuring that Windows CryptoAPI completely validates ECC certificates." All Windows 10 users are advised to apply the Patch Tuesday update as soon as it becomes available to them
It's not about updating to Windows 10, but updating all Windows due to a newly discovered severe vulnerability.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I have an air gapped windows machine that I fire up when I want to game or do anything I can't do in Chrome OS. Works great for me, but I don't play MMO's
Really like my Chromebook. My daily driver was my MacBook Air (2011) but I I got an iPad Pro with Smart Keyboard for Christmas. Really impressed with it. It’s become my daily machine. I’m not a gamer though I’m sure it’s limited for something like that.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I leave my computers on at night and it checks for updates. It will then prompt me to restart when I wake the computer. I just checked my laptop is up to date. I check the office computers tomorrow but we leave them on at night also. They get restarted and backed up daily.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.