Urban Meyer Video (moved to pro sports)

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
There is a story on ESPN.com.
CBS.com too…w/a link.
That was part of my question too. He seems to be struggling w/the adjustment. There are plenty of stories about it including unhappy coaches and players.
Couple that with the USC opening and it’s at least interesting conversation…

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The video is real...read the ESPN article...I don't know if he can survive this in any good fashion...his wife has to be steaming...
I think I saw where she had responded on twitter with a pretty 'meh' response. I suspect this isn't his first time.

I mean, what part of UM would make you think he'd be a devoted husband? He's always been a dirtbag. It's simply who he is.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Urban taking the Jaguars job is one of the more bizarre coaching career moves I can remember.

He has documented health issues which are exacerbated greatly by the stress of coaching big time football. So much so that he simply could not do it at the collegiate level for more than about 5 years at a time.

The stresses of the NFL are different than big time college football, but no less... stressful. However, if you're not adjusted to dealing with losing games, Jacksonville is probably the absolute worst place you can go.

So Urban, knowing full well he can't mentally or physically handle stress, drops himself into the most high pressure and depressing environment he can find. Recipe for disaster.

People mentioning the USC job... he can't hack it. It would be moronic for either party to consider it. He needs to retire to ESPN or the SEC Network, and pay attention to his family. Something he said he was going to do years ago. But here I am passing judgement on another man. He can do what he wants.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Urban taking the Jaguars job is one of the more bizarre coaching career moves I can remember.

He has documented health issues which are exacerbated greatly by the stress of coaching big time football. So much so that he simply could not do it at the collegiate level for more than about 5 years at a time.

The stresses of the NFL are different than big time college football, but no less... stressful. However, if you're not adjusted to dealing with losing games, Jacksonville is probably the absolute worst place you can go.

So Urban, knowing full well he can't mentally or physically handle stress, drops himself into the most high pressure and depressing environment he can find. Recipe for disaster.

People mentioning the USC job... he can't hack it. It would be moronic for either party to consider it. He needs to retire to ESPN or the SEC Network, and pay attention to his family. Something he said he was going to do years ago. But here I am passing judgement on another man. He can do what he wants.
When he decided to jump back into the frying pan, he showed us that he places coaching and the life that comes with it (this is part of that life) ahead of his health and family. I just don't understand people like him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.