Urban will be a terrible analyst

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I rather liked him as an analyst during the playoffs a year or so ago. He's forgotten more about football than basically anyone else has ever known.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Perhaps. But the few times I've heard him, he sucked at speaking about it. Too much ego.
He's definitely a poor orator, but that may improve with time. I mean, look at how much he's already improved since half time vs Bama in 2005... :)

But seriously, he has an insight into the game that's unique - I, for one, am happy to tolerate his personality in order to hear his thoughts.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
He's definitely a poor orator, but that may improve with time. I mean, look at how much he's already improved since half time vs Bama in 2005... :)

But seriously, he has an insight into the game that's unique - I, for one, am happy to tolerate his personality in order to hear his thoughts.
He is much better than Mack "if Colt hadn't gotten hurt" Brown.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
So we're headed to the circus for the tallest midget? :Joker_PDT_20:

***No offense to little people, it's an expression... on TideFans.com
Just trying to put a positive spin on it, like a kid that is excited about being in a room full of horse poop. Somewhere there has to be a pony.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Urban Meyer is a lot of bad things. But I agree with CA and 81 that he's a good analyst.
I thought his year away, and his Alabama-ND pregame stuff was awesome work. I think a lot this particular instance stems from not wanting to be a famous sound bite on Colin’s Circus of Fools. More or less he doesn’t want to be associated with the likes of Rob Parker.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As long as he is talking about football, I will listen. When he starts talking about other things, I tune him out. As a football analyst he has an opportunity to educate the masses as long as he doesn't allow himself to make the mistake that so many others make - talking to the least informed of his audience. By spending time explaining things that any football fan should already know, these guys can make listening to them during games unbearable.

Do what Romo did - explain what you see and how you expect things to play out. Point out variations in formations and personnel groupings, and how those things dictate how the opponent responds. Let's talk about chess, not checkers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.