Link: US District Court for DC denies Trump Administration's injunction petition...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
There would have to be a really compelling reason to grant that injunction.
"It is embarrassing to the president" is not compelling.
Classification would be the sole reason. The judge castigated Bolton and his attorney for walking away from the review process. Bolton did that for an obvious reason. The president has maintained "Everything I say is classified." As stupid as it sounds, it's true - if he classifies it in advance. I'm sure he meant "in private." Bolton knew that he would never get the book published before November, if he submitted to the review process, as Trump would tailor it. Also, who better to determine classification than the former National Security Advisor? It was a brave action and I'm sure he'll have to fight civil actions and criminal action by Barr...

Reactions: NationalTitles18

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Classification would be the sole reason. The judge castigated Bolton and his attorney for walking away from the review process. Bolton did that for an obvious reason. The president has maintained "Everything I say is classified." As stupid as it sounds, it's true - if he classifies it in advance. I'm sure he meant "in private." Bolton knew that he would never get the book published before November, if he submitted to the review process, as Trump would tailor it. Also, who better to determine classification than the former National Security Advisor? It was a brave action and I'm sure he'll have to fight civil actions and criminal action by Barr...
A surprising amount of what this government classifies is because it is embarrassing. Not protecting sources and methods, but "it would be really ugly if this got out, so let's classify it."
In addition, Bolton had to calculate the value of the book now versus on 4 November. If Trump loses, this book will be worth a lot less.

Reactions: B1GTide

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
A surprising amount of what this government classifies is because it is embarrassing. Not protecting sources and methods, but "it would be really ugly if this got out, so let's classify it."
In addition, Bolton had to calculate the value of the book now versus on 4 November. If Trump loses, this book will be worth a lot less.
Agree with all. Also, there's a purely personal motivation. Bolton wants him to lose and he wants to be a major factor in causing him to lose. He's taking chances to accomplish that. IF Trump loses, I don't think he really has a lot to fear, either civilly or criminally...

Reactions: NationalTitles18

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.