US Senate Georgia runoffs thread...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I can live with this for 2 years if it means Biden gets all his appointees confirmed, we get stimulus out to ppl that need it, and have some sort of functioning national pandemic response. Nothing earth shattering needs to happen. 2022 is a pretty favorable map for the Senate.
I think you and I come from different tangents, but I agree with you on every point here.
I wouldn't count on what appears to be a favorable Senate map, though.

Be content to hold serve on that one.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The class up in 2022 IS favorable. I'd be content to replace the WV Senator with one from another state that won't vote with the GOP. Warnock has to be reelected in 2022, but if Abrams runs for Gov the turnout will be big for the Dems in GA.
Oh, I'm not arguing the point it IS favorable.
I just wouldn't bank on it is all I meant.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I have to hand it to the Democrats, I really do.

I mean.... in less than one year, they went from a party that couldn't even figure out a basic phone app in their own caucuses to a group able to rig every swing state election they needed in their favor and not leave a trace of evidence.

This IS the group that needs to be in charge of the government with talent like that.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The class up in 2022 IS favorable. I'd be content to replace the WV Senator with one from another state that won't vote with the GOP. Warnock has to be reelected in 2022, but if Abrams runs for Gov the turnout will be big for the Dems in GA.
I find it hard to believe that he'd really kill Joe's confirmations. Maybe he would...

Reactions: MobtownK

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
manchin has been a pretty reliable dem vote. i don't see him blocking confirmations
I don't think so, either.

I think there'll be a bit of a reset button.

It'll be nice to go to sleep without waking up wondering if nukes are going to be falling before I arrive at work because the Head Cheeto was angry at some non-white people somewhere.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't think so, either.

I think there'll be a bit of a reset button.

It'll be nice to go to sleep without waking up wondering if nukes are going to be falling before I arrive at work because the Head Cheeto was angry at some non-white people somewhere.
it will be interesting to see if mitch is able to continue to keep the rep senators in lockstep opposition. i don't think he will

Reactions: MobtownK

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
it will be interesting to see if mitch is able to continue to keep the rep senators in lockstep opposition. i don't think he will
If he's selective about it, he will.

One thing with the GOP - they're a whole lot better holding their votes together to have a minority bloc of power than the Democrats (usually) are. Trump united both the Rs and the Ds in ways like never in my lifetime have I seen.

But.......if I could predict the future, I'd be a billionaire in sports betting so.....

Reactions: MobtownK and 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yep. I remember that blue wave in 2018 that never happened. Most in the media said it was a foregone conclusion and then the GOP stole the show.
Well...not really.

What happened was that people took "blue wave" to mean "Democrats will win the Senate."

I believe they won 41 House seats IIRC, and they had held 241, so they lost 17% of the seats they held in an arena where 90-95% of the incumbents with more than one term win so......

And in all honesty, I think the Dems probably would have won the Senate had they not gone over the top on the Kavanaugh hearings - but that's just my opinion, I COULD be wrong.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.