US Senate Georgia runoffs thread...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
what is hilarious is that a big part of this is due to the idiotic in-fighting among the gop. there has been a nearly non-stop run of own goals since nov. 3
Yup.

Credit Abrams with the tackle and Trump, Loeffler, Purdue and a bunch of morons with an assist.

Reactions: 92tide

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell. It just sings.
Not that I have any love (or even like) for McConnel, but Senate Majority Leader Schumer sings about as well as Kanye West. I am really not looking forward to single-party rule no matter which party it is. Needed the GOP to get it together to avoid it, but that was too much to ask.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Not that I have any love (or even like) for McConnel, but Senate Majority Leader Schumer sings about as well as Kanye West. I am really not looking forward to single-party rule no matter which party it is. Needed the GOP to get it together to avoid it, but that was too much to ask.
They got It together, but It was mostly just an open embrace of conspiracy, racism, and authoritarianism.

Reactions: seebell and 92tide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Look, I'm not a fan of single-party rule, either but......I survived 2017-2018 and for that matter Trump, so I'll accept it. They can do one of two things: 1) get some things done; 2) break down into in-fighting when the Far Left that lost the primaries THINKS they have some sort of "mandate" to "get my way" (this is NOT just a problem with the Democrats, either).

As an American, what I want is NOT for them to "get what I want" or even "do what I promised" so much as just run the country free from self-created drama and seeking the best advice possible ("this is gonna cause you some political problems, but it's going to help the country long-term").

I wanted the same thing from Donald Trump, and I hoped against hope that he would do what I said above (knowing deep down he was an old 70-something resistant to change or even to ideas he heard about post-1952). His failure was our loss; hopefully, his failure at authoritarianism is to our gain.

I'm sure I'll be ripping on Biden before March, but I don't care. It'll be politics and not personal.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
In 2022 the Republicans will have 20 seats up and the Democrats have 14. Here is an article about potentially competitive races. It was written prior to yesterday’s elections.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC
They got It together, but It was mostly just an open embrace of conspiracy, racism, and authoritarianism.
That's not my definition of getting it together, but whatever.

Look, I'm not a fan of single-party rule, either but......I survived 2017-2018 and for that matter Trump, so I'll accept it. They can do one of two things: 1) get some things done; 2) break down into in-fighting when the Far Left that lost the primaries THINKS they have some sort of "mandate" to "get my way" (this is NOT just a problem with the Democrats, either).

As an American, what I want is NOT for them to "get what I want" or even "do what I promised" so much as just run the country free from self-created drama and seeking the best advice possible ("this is gonna cause you some political problems, but it's going to help the country long-term").

I wanted the same thing from Donald Trump, and I hoped against hope that he would do what I said above (knowing deep down he was an old 70-something resistant to change or even to ideas he heard about post-1952). His failure was our loss; hopefully, his failure at authoritarianism is to our gain.

I'm sure I'll be ripping on Biden before March, but I don't care. It'll be politics and not personal.
I would love nothing more than for everyone to get together and do what's best for the nation within the confines of the Constitution. That's a laughably naive expectation given that both major parties are hopelessly corrupt and exist only to enrich and empower themselves at our expense.

Meet the new boss.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That's not my definition of getting it together, but whatever.

I would love nothing more than for everyone to get together and do what's best for the nation within the confines of the Constitution. That's a laughably naive expectation given that both major parties are hopelessly corrupt and exist only to enrich and empower themselves at our expense.

Meet the new boss.
only one of those “sides” is trying to violently overthrow our government right now.

this both sides take may not age well

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
only one of those “sides” is trying to violently overthrow our government right now.

If they had gotten it together they could have suppressed and cheated enough to not need to overthrow it.

Reactions: 92tide

BamaSC

All-SEC
Oct 17, 1999
Chapin, SC

These are fringe elements taking things way too far, not the actual GOP. Much like the fringe groups rioting, burning, looting, and taking over parts of cities were not the Democratic party. Anybody rioting, breaking and entering, looting, etc. should face the full extent of the law no matter what side.

• Haha
Reactions: 92tide and B1GTide

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
These are fringe elements taking things way too far, not the actual GOP. Much like the fringe groups rioting, burning, looting, and taking over parts of cities were not the Democratic party. Anybody rioting, breaking and entering, looting, etc. should face the full extent of the law no matter what side.
There are MANY MANY more at home cheering for what they are seeing.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You need to wake up.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.