Useful DIY VIDEOs thread.....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm building another "shelter" structure which will be similar to a car port but much more simplistic in design because it's only temporary. I'm using 4x4's again with the Simpson Strong Tie post bases. But for one of my posts it made more sense to sink it in the ground so I used my earth auger with a 6" auger bit which is the only way to go when setting posts. Luckily I had a 10' 4x4 in my stash so I could drop it in the ground 2' and still have the 8' remainder to match the others.

IMG_1320.JPGIMG_1319.JPGIMG_1321.JPGIMG_1323.JPG

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
For anyone working on any kind of wood projects, there's some neat techniques and tools used by this craftsman. Gotta love the attention to detail!

Thanks for posting that - I learned something new. I have never even considered drilling out and doweling a hole that has been stripped out by a nail or screw to allow for secure purchase. Awesome idea that I can use in a few places in my home now.

Reactions: Bazza

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
This stuff actually works. Get the applicator that screws onto your water hose. Heavy soil may need a second application. I used to drag out my pressure washer. This stuff is easy and almost fun.

• Thank You
Reactions: Padreruf and Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I know we have dedicated "food-recipe" forums/threads, but the format of this video is so good I wanted to post it here along with the others I think are so well done.

Great time of year for salads, too!

Reactions: Toddrn

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I've been working on the inside of my home a bit trying to re-organize my stuff. I have two under sink cabinets I want to make slide out drawers for. Today I found a YT video that addresses this project in a manner I find acceptable for my needs. I really appreciate videos like this that are very efficient in demonstrating a project without a whole lot of extra chatter and video. I also like the use of the underside slides. Interesting how the drawers are built....3/4" plywood and just glue....no fasteners!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I've been working on the inside of my home a bit trying to re-organize my stuff. I have two under sink cabinets I want to make slide out drawers for. Today I found a YT video that addresses this project in a manner I find acceptable for my needs. I really appreciate videos like this that are very efficient in demonstrating a project without a whole lot of extra chatter and video. I also like the use of the underside slides. Interesting how the drawers are built....3/4" plywood and just glue....no fasteners!
We have installed these in many of our cabinets. We made the ones in our pantry ourselves because of the custom size of the pantry and the weight that they have to bear. The ones under the sinks were pre-made two tier kits that were super-easy to install and work amazingly well.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
We acquired a 2004 Toyota 4 Runner for Ava to drive until she's ready to handle the Acura. I'm in love with the damn thing. I plan to claim it as my own ASAP. I mean you can tell it's old but it's just so damned manly.

But being old it comes with old truck problems. I've already DIYd a wheel bearing on the thing. Yesterday revealed a new problem and one I should have picked up on earlier.

Since we got it, the AC has run great but has made some funny noises when turning. Fan would sound like it was struggling. Had a scent too like the interior has been wet in the past. I took it out yesterday and when I got home I saw water coming from the left rear corner of the frame. There was water getting into the interior and the carpet was soaked. Where it was coming from clicked immediately when I put 2 and 2 together and realized that the funny noises and the fact that I'd never seen condensate under it told me it was coming from the evaporator box. The evaporator drain had to be clogged.

So I found the evap drain on the engine side of the firewall here. A small 45 degree black hose just below center on the pic

Fired the engine up with the AC at full blast and started reaming that hose out with a length of weed eater wire. As soon as I found the clog the thing poured a crap ton of water.

Spent the morning with a shop vac cleaning the carpet. Unfortunately it's looking like replacing the carpet is in the offing. Actually looks fairly straightforward and cheap. I'll document it here.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
This stuff actually works. Get the applicator that screws onto your water hose. Heavy soil may need a second application. I used to drag out my pressure washer. This stuff is easy and almost fun.
Was about to do the vinyl siding on my Mom's house, so I'll give it a whirl. Thanks @seebell !
Forgot to mention this stuff is amazing!

Real time saver and does great job. I didn't even use my power washer and the gook came off just fine at my Mom's.

BTW, I used it in my shower and it worked better than anything I've ever used before, so just passing that along, in case it's of interest.

I also used it to clean some plastic lawn chairs, gas cans, and a cooler. Fantastic results.

I'm going to use it on my boat this week! I get it at Walmart, BTW. I spray it on smaller stuff using one of those quart size hand sprayers. Will probably use one of my garden hand pump sprayers when I do the boat.

Reactions: seebell

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Thanks, @AUDub !

Good time to remind everyone to check their cabin filters and clean/change out as needed. I need to do mine as well! ;)
Cabin air filter was one of the first things I checked upon purchase. No one replaces them these days. Thing is snow white in this 4 Runner.

Just one of those things. Don't blame the seller at all. Knew what I was getting into when I bought an 18 year old vehicle.

Going to keep this one as long as I can though. I've wanted a 4 Runner since high school and this 4th gen is gorgeous in spite of its age.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
By the way it infuriates my wife and Ava, our 16 year old, that I refer to it as "the truck."

That's what it is though. Body on frame design. Basically a Tacoma with an enclosed rear end.
I had 2 4 Runners -- mine and my son's...they are very strong, reliable vehicles. My only problem was that their seats are not as padded as a Tahoe...really hurt my back. Lots of fun to drive and not one ounce of trouble.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.