USFL Championship

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
You have to put things in perspective. Four months ago these players and coaches didn't even know each other. They built a team in 3 weeks and put an entertaining produce on the field. The league will improve as it grows.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You have to put things in perspective. Four months ago these players and coaches didn't even know each other. They built a team in 3 weeks and put an entertaining produce on the field. The league will improve as it grows.
That is my hope.

Reactions: CB4

TraskiTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2009
Savannah TN
It was actually very fun football to watch this Spring. We put in a new TV service at a nursing home and I went into a resident's room to reprogram a lady's tv for her. She asked "Are we gonna get football on this service? I really like watching that new 'FL' League when they are on." All I could do was smile and say "Yes, Ma'am. They are kind of fun to watch arent they." She was a real football fan. :geek:

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
It was actually very fun football to watch this Spring. We put in a new TV service at a nursing home and I went into a resident's room to reprogram a lady's tv for her. She asked "Are we gonna get football on this service? I really like watching that new 'FL' League when they are on." All I could do was smile and say "Yes, Ma'am. They are kind of fun to watch arent they." She was a real football fan. :geek:
A nursing home here just got DirectTV, and all the TV screens look letterboxed. They show a black strip at the top and bottom. And changing the format on the TV doesn't work.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I think this league has a future. It will develop and give guys a chance at pro ball that never would’ve & perhaps extend some careers who aren’t ready to hang it up in the NFL but have lost a step. But that’s a workable model for a decent spring league.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Got to my parents in time to see the second half of the game Sunday night. I really enjoyed it. I've watched some of a few games that B'ham played. I knew they were a fourth quarter team. Loved it when Holtz told the B'ham QB "we are going to win this game" when they fell behind!

It was nice to watch some football on the tube in the summer.

He’s Derrick Henry without his break away speed. Same at Bama. Quality player but not elite
He does remind me of DH in the way he meanders up to the LOS. I'm not sure he's as good as DH at finding the creases to exploit if there's not a gaping hole.

It's a shame we lost him that year...likely costing us another NC.

Last edited:
Reactions: rolltide_21 and Con

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Derrick doesn't look fast until you notice not even corners can catch him.
On a 99 yd TD run vs. the Jags in 2020 he was clocked at 22 mph. That’s ridiculous for any human much less one his size. As you know, athletes like him are genetic freaks. He has every tool. I hope he can stay healthy. He can break Emmit’s record if he does.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
On a 99 yd TD run vs. the Jags in 2020 he was clocked at 22 mph. That’s ridiculous for any human much less one his size. As you know, athletes like him are genetic freaks. He has every tool. I hope he can stay healthy. He can break Emmit’s record if he does.
I doubt anyone will break Smith's record. The game has changed and it is hard to stay healthy in the NFL. I love watching Derrick play though.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I really have no dog in this fight considering I barely watched 10 minutes of this league all season but...

Why did they play every single regular season game in B'ham but move the playoffs to Ohio? Seems like a slap in the face for the city and fans that supported this league all season to move the most important games somewhere else.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I really have no dog in this fight considering I barely watched 10 minutes of this league all season but...

Why did they play every single regular season game in B'ham but move the playoffs to Ohio? Seems like a slap in the face for the city and fans that supported this league all season to move the most important games somewhere else.
They had to because of the World Games. I think a change was good for the league and the players as it added a little excitement to the playoffs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.