Link: Video to help us get to know Bryce Young

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
This video dropped about a week ago but I just saw it and watched it today. It is 10 minutes long and well worth it. He will need to bulk up, but t is going to be fun to see him compete for the starting QB job.

Alabama Commit & #1 Ranked High School QB Bryce Young Leads Top Ranked Mater Dei vs. JSerra

Reactions: 12Namath12

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
As much as I have seen him play, I am not sure how I just noticed the hitch in his step on his release. Something to work on.

Can't wait to see him in Crimson.

Reactions: 78Alum

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Hearing that he calls his own offense on the field is encouraging. He’s passing in the pocket in these highlights...another great thing to see. Looks a lot like Russell Wilson out there.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I’ve watched some more of BY and I’ve gotta say that I think he will probably at worst be the backup to Mac. He‘s closer to where Tua was out of high school than Taulia.

Taulia will have to redouble his effort to hold onto his backup spot he had by the end of the season albeit due to injury.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
He is very impressive. His size is the only thing that worries me, especially after what Tua went through, and Tua was a lot sturdier built. But then despite that, he still got hurt, so who knows?

I don't think he's going to waltz in and be the starter, but he's definitely good enough to press Mac, and that's a a positive.

Reactions: B1GTide

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch
I'm beginning to give Young a chance at being the starter, even though Mac is much better than most people give him credit for - there are probably not a dozen QBs in college who are better than him.

Reactions: BamaMoon

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I’m no expert, but his ball at first glance doesn’t seem as “catchable” as Tua’s. The spiral isnt as tight, and the motion appears to be stiffer. Vs Tua coming out of HS

His strengths at reading a defense and timing on longer throws is very impressive.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm a fan! Hard to not be excited about his potential. I know it's vague, but it's just a matter of time until he's running the show in T-town.

I'll say again if MJ gets passed next year it'll be because this guy is just that good. For now, I'm pumped about our QB talent/potential, starting with MJ.

Reactions: B1GTide

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I’m no expert, but his ball at first glance doesn’t seem as “catchable” as Tua’s. The spiral isnt as tight, and the motion appears to be stiffer. Vs Tua coming out of HS

His strengths at reading a defense and timing on longer throws is very impressive.
Tua's ball is like poetry...his release is so effortless. BY is a little less conventional but Philip Rivers has proven it doesn't matter. But like with Tua, the ball arrives between the numbers in stride.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.