Virginia Gun Control Controversy

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Militia leaders warn Virginia gun rally could get violent

"High-profile national militia figures gathered for a meeting on Sunday near Richmond said they wanted Monday’s event to be peaceful, but feared the worst, with most saying any “lone wolf” could unleash bitter fighting with a single shot."

I do not think I'll be going to Richmond today. Gasoline-filled room. I hope it does not go boom.

• Thank You
Reactions: Islander

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
There may be some "fringe" on the left that want all guns removed from private hands but I've never encountered that opinion. I would suggest practically no one holds that view.

One the other hand, the right is eat up with people who want absolutely no governmental regulation of the use of firearms.
I wish this were true. But I can literally name you 20 people right now (in my little part of the world) I personally know who would confiscate every gun in America if it were "up to them". And that's before I log onto Facebook where I can then name you another 10-15 of my former classmates and some former co-workers who hold the same view. I had an extended in-law of one of my siblings point blank look me in the face and say "You and no other American citizen has any business owning a fire arm and hopefully one day that will be the case." Trust me, they exist and in more number than you may think.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
well, all these anecdotes about folks wanting to confiscate all guns are much more troubling than thousands of heavily armed white nationalist protesters congregating in a u.s. city on mlk day. (on any day for that matter)
That is troubling and disturbing as well. Not sure how that has anything to do with addressing the poster's claim that no one has views of confiscating guns. Pointing that out does not mean someones view of another extreme view or behavior is of lessor importance, as it seems you're implying.

Reactions: Bazza and Islander

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
That is troubling and disturbing as well. Not sure how that has anything to do with addressing the poster's claim that no one has views of confiscating guns. Pointing that out does not mean someones view of another extreme view or behavior is of lessor importance, as it seems you're implying.
point taken, but i think actual armed mobs in our streets is a much greater threat than people saying they want to confiscate all guns when there is pretty much no way of that ever actually happening in our country.

Reactions: B1GTide

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
point taken, but i think actual armed mobs in our streets is a much greater threat than people saying they want to confiscate all guns when there is pretty much no way of that ever actually happening in our country.
Looking at the photos, there seems to be a lot of folks wearing masks. Wearing a mask in public is against the law in Virginia (for law enforcement/IDing perps purposes). I'm surprised nobody seems to be in trouble for that. Maybe they will nab a few mask-wearers on their way to their cars once this is over.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell and 92tide

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My Facebook buddy posts a meme occasionally that says “Close all Mosques and ban Islam”. If I follow the link back to the original source, I see it has thousands of likes and shares.

Does that mean the Republican Party wants to overturn the first amendment?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My Facebook buddy posts a meme occasionally that says “Close all Mosques and ban Islam”. If I follow the link back to the original source, I see it has thousands of likes and shares.

with republicans, laws, etc. are for thee not we

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I fully support peaceful protest. I hope this doesn't get ugly. Nothing could be worse for the 2nd amendment than to have some not job shoot someone during a protest like this.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Trump has openly said that he would end the freedom of the press if he could. Think about that.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
My son sent me a tweet of a Media-ite report of an MSNBC reporter being heckled on air in Richmond. (Can't link because of language.). The heckler appeared to have had a snoot full.
Someone had responded that "Not all heroes wear capes. Some drink wine from bottles wrapped in brown paper bags."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.