Waddle injured on opening KO return (out for season)

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Big loss for college football today when he went down. The most electrifying player in the nation. But Drake came back strong after a similar injury and I expect Jaylen to do the same. Probably not this year though so next man up.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
The way they were rushing Waddle to the dressing room made me think that perhaps his ankle was dislocated and they needed to get blood supply back. I may be way off but it is an absolute shame that that the Viles have managled another great Bama player.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
I hate that tackle too, grab hold and drag down from behind always looks like its going to hurt the ball carrier....because the defenders body weight always goes into the ball carriers legs low.

Same thing as low blocks, below the knees...like what knocked Dontae out years ago.

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Chris Fowler tweet
View attachment 11720
What an idiot! Yes , yes you do! Just being on the field last year changed games. Maybe Nick shouldn’t have had him in so late in the game🙄😡
Yep, this is a silly argument. If we lower the speed limit on the interstate we could save thousands of lives....if we wrapped ourselves in bubble wrap and never left the house we'd be safer....

Of course you put your best players where they can have the most impact.

Reactions: Con

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Chris Fowler tweet
View attachment 11720
What an idiot! Yes , yes you do! Just being on the field last year changed games. Maybe Nick shouldn’t have had him in so late in the game🙄😡
Let me see...Saban has been at Bama 14 years. And for 14 years he has taken Bama to the elite of college football. And for 14 years he has played starters on both sides of the ball on special teams.

So this rocket scientist that has never coached a game now wants to second guess Saban on this practice? So this injury wouldn’t/couldn’t happen to Jaylen on offense? What an idiotic statement.

I would say something else but this is a family board.

Reactions: REDSEA and Con

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Let me see...Saban has been at Bama 14 years. And for 14 years he has taken Bama to the elite of college football. And for 14 years he has played starters on both sides of the ball on special teams.

So this rocket scientist that has never coached a game now wants to second guess Saban on this practice? So this injury wouldn’t/couldn’t happen to Jaylen on offense? What an idiotic statement.

I would say something else but this is a family board.
If Saban doesn't put his stars in these roles, Alabama doesn't have Drake running back a kickoff to help win the CFPCG in 2015.

He knows better. He is just stirring up crap.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
If Saban doesn't put his stars in these roles, Alabama doesn't have Drake running back a kickoff to help win the CFPCG in 2015.

He knows better. He is just stirring up crap.
CNS always talks about players “creating value for themselves”. That being said, kickoff and punt returns are something else that enhances Waddle’s draft opportunity. I can’t blame coach fOr this at all.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I don't see us going all the way this year now. We could even lose to auburn again.

Wash your mouth out with 'LIFEBOY'.

Today we lost the best Return Man in America.
BUT...
Next man up, is more than just a saying to us...
With a little luck I still think we can go all the way.
Yes, we could lose to Auburn, but it's gonna take more than blind Refs and Replay Men to give him our game.
Yes Auburn has lost two games, but it could have been four games if not for mistakes in the Replay Booth.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
CNS always talks about players “creating value for themselves”. That being said, kickoff and punt returns are something else that enhances Waddle’s draft opportunity. I can’t blame coach fOr this at all.
The only thing I hate about it is that this is twice it has happened to a key player, but the man coaching Alabama has forgotten more football than I will ever know. He undoubtably wanted him out there.

I dont think this is near as bad as losing Eddie Jackson, but it does have an effect.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
The only thing I hate about it is that this is twice it has happened to a key player, but the man coaching Alabama has forgotten more football than I will ever know. He undoubtably wanted him out there.

I dont think this is near as bad as losing Eddie Jackson, but it does have an effect.
Brother, you’re right. Good Lord, we lost Dylan Moses last year in a non contact drill inside. I’m with you, I let CNS do the coaching. He’s a little better than me. RTR

14ennessee

1st Team
Oct 24, 2020
I hate that tackle too, grab hold and drag down from behind always looks like its going to hurt the ball carrier....because the defenders body weight always goes into the ball carriers legs low.

Same thing as low blocks, below the knees...like what knocked Dontae out years ago.
Its Tennessee. Dirty plays is what they do. Especially when they know they can't win.

I hate tennessee even more than I already did.

Reactions: GboyBama

Cruloc

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2019
Its Tennessee. Dirty plays is what they do. Especially when they know they can't win.

I hate tennessee even more than I already did.
It happens often enough to where its not a coincidence, yes. Tua was tackled in a very similar manner last year....grab, pull back and let your body weight land on lower legs and ankles.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.