Washington Nationals at Atlanta Braves (Sept 2021 Series)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Because Chip Caray makes me contemplate going postal, I've got the Nats announcers. Nats up, 1-0.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Duvall, Albies, and Riley, continue to keep us alive with their Offensive Production lately.....

Month of August + 1 Week in Sept:

Duvall: (.221) 25 for 113 with 10 HR's and 28 RBI's

Albies: (.254) 32 for 126 with 10 HR's and 24 RBI's

Riley: (.358) 44 for 123 with 7 HR's and 25 RBI's

NL Ranks for the Season:

Duvall: 32 HR's (3rd) and 97 RBI's (1st)

Albies: 27 HR's (11th) and 93 RBI's (2nd)

Riley: 29 HR's (5th) and 87 RBI's (6th)

Freeman: 28 HR's (7th) and 73 RBI's (23rd)

Swanson: 26 HR's (14th) and 80 RBI's (13th)

We have 3 of the Top 7 HR Hitters in the NL and 5 of the Top 14

We have 3 of the Top 6 RBI Hitters in the NL and 5 of the Top 23

Yet....

In the last 10 Games the Philles have gained 3 games and the Mets have gained 4 games

If you (royal you) have watched those last 10 games you can see it is almost all on Snitker's mismanaging of the team.

I have no idea if we win the East this year but if we do it will be in spite of Snitker and because of the players.

We will also get absolutely thrashed in the Post-Season.....again... because of Snitker.

I don't care what happens the rest of the way, he needs to be fired.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Duvall, Albies, and Riley, continue to keep us alive with their Offensive Production lately.....

Month of August + 1 Week in Sept:

Duvall: (.221) 25 for 113 with 10 HR's and 28 RBI's

Albies: (.254) 32 for 126 with 10 HR's and 24 RBI's

Riley: (.358) 44 for 123 with 7 HR's and 25 RBI's

NL Ranks for the Season:

Duvall: 32 HR's (3rd) and 97 RBI's (1st)

Albies: 27 HR's (11th) and 93 RBI's (2nd)

Riley: 29 HR's (5th) and 87 RBI's (6th)

Freeman: 28 HR's (7th) and 73 RBI's (23rd)

Swanson: 26 HR's (14th) and 80 RBI's (13th)

We have 3 of the Top 7 HR Hitters in the NL and 5 of the Top 14

We have 3 of the Top 6 RBI Hitters in the NL and 5 of the Top 23

Yet....

In the last 10 Games the Philles have gained 3 games and the Mets have gained 4 games

If you (royal you) have watched those last 10 games you can see it is almost all on Snitker's mismanaging of the team.

I have no idea if we win the East this year but if we do it will be in spite of Snitker and because of the players.

We will also get absolutely thrashed in the Post-Season.....again... because of Snitker.

I don't care what happens the rest of the way, he needs to be fired.
That doesnt even take into account what Soler has done.

Take this into account... Only us and a random Marlins team have had an infield with 25 homers each in a season.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
That doesnt even take into account what Soler has done.

Take this into account... Only us and a random Marlins team have had an infield with 25 homers each in a season.
Yeah Soler has 22 HR's which if they were all in the NL would be Tied for 32nd.

If he hits 2 more soon he'd be in the Top 20.

So that's almost 6 of the Top 20-30 Power Hitters in the NL and we are scapping and clawing to be a .500 team that holds on to the lead in the worst division in all of MLB.

Reactions: CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Quick glance at the Braves and Phillies remaining games I see the Phillies have, after tonight, the Rockies, Mets, Cubs, Pirates, Orioles, and last three with Braves.

Braves finish with two more with the Nats, Marlins, Rockies, Giants, Snakes, Padres then Phillies.

You could say that Pirates/Orioles and Marlins/Snake are a “wash” in terms of competition, but the Fish always seem to find miracles against the Braves. Cubs have actually been playing well the last 8-10 games so who knows.

Generally I think the Phillies have the easier remaining schedule. Will 87-88 wins take the division? If so Braves need 14 -11 or 15-10 finish.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
You left off the last series for both teams on Oct. 1-3. Phillies final 3 are @Marlins and the Braves finish with 3 against the Mets @ Truist.

Remember, Braves actually have 24.5 games left. The suspended game against the Padres will be resumed on Sept. 24th, except this time it will be in SD. Bottom of the 5th, Braves coming up down 4-5. So, a home game becomes a west coast game, where the Braves just stunk it up big time last week (4-6 trip).

That is the biggest obstacle left, another 10.5 game west coast trip. They have 14 home games left. IMO they have to go, at worst, 10-4 in those games to even have a shot, preferably 12-2. I'm not expecting much on the west coast, probably 6-5 at best but realistically will be more like 5-6 or 4-7. If they slip up on the remaining home games, they are doomed.

So, I guess I agree with you because that puts them at 14-11/15-10 finish and they'd have a shot, depending on how the Phillies continue to play. If the Braves could find a way to hit 90 wins, maybe a surprise winning record out west, then I think that would wrap up the division before the final series against the Mets.

Last edited:

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
You left off the last series for both teams on Oct. 1-3. Phillies final 3 are @Marlins and the Braves finish with 3 against the Mets @ Truist.

Remember, Braves actually have 24.5 games left. The suspended game against the Padres will be resumed on Sept. 24th, except this time it will be in SD. Bottom of the 5th, Braves coming up down 4-5. So, a home game becomes a west coast game, where the Braves just stunk it up big time last week (4-6 trip).

That is the biggest obstacle left, another 10.5 game west coast trip. They have 14 home games left. IMO they have to go, at worst, 10-4 in those games to even have a shot, preferably 12-2. I'm not expecting much on the west coast, probably 6-5 at best but realistically will be more like 5-6 or 4-7. If they slip up on the remaining home games, they are doomed.

So, I guess I agree with you because that puts them at 14-11/15-10 finish and they'd have a shot, depending on how the Phillies continue to play. If the Braves could find a way to hit 90 wins, maybe a surprise winning record out west, then I think that would wrap up the division before the final series against the Mets.
I was looking over the schedules earlier too and I think the Braves are going to have to hit 90 Wins to Win the East at this point.

That means they need to go 17-8 in the remaining 25 games.

I agree they will be fortunate to go 6-5 on that upcoming 11 game road stretch.

That would be taking 1 from the Giants and spitting two with the Padres and taking 3 of 4 from the D-Backs....though I could see them only taking 1 from the Padres or splitting with the D-Backs as well to end it 5-6.

That means for the home games they would have to go 11-3 or 12-2 in the remaining 14 home games and I just don't see that happening.

If they even averaged winning every remaining home series 2-1 that would still only be 9-5 and that would leave them at 88-74.

Man I just don't feel good about this at all to be honest.

Unless the Braves get super hot and pull off some big west coast upsets. I'm afraid the Phillies are going to catch us and pass us.

Last edited:
Reactions: B1GTide and CB4

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.