Washington State FB Coach fired for Refusing Vaccination

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
And there's always been non-vaxers. I'm not one but respect their opinion. Who can believe anything coming from DC or the media?
Well when we start to see diseases that were long dead suddenly start to pop up again once the anti vaxxer movement started. I dont think it takes a news story or a great leap in logic to see that their opinion is very dangerous.

rolltd

3rd Team
Dec 15, 2010
This man is a liar pretending to use his faith in God as his reason not to get vaccinated. Pretty sure that God might have something to say about that some day, and it won't be in appreciation.
I am not a liar. I do have faith in God. I do have friends who are not vaxxed, that's their decision not mine or yours. I have opinions that don't align with yours so you think I'm a liar. Be careful who you call a liar.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I’m gonna be very simple on this, perhaps my conservative nature (I bunt in slow pitch softball, LOL!).

1) What are the rules at his place of employment?

2) Are those rules legal?

To me it’s that simple. Anything else is politics, throwing shade, or tangential.

(Pete Rose, for example, isn’t banned from baseball because he gambled; he’s banned because he broke the rule against gambling. This coach isn’t being fired because of his position on the vaccine, he’s getting fired for not following the rules regarding the vaccine at his place of employment).

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
I’m gonna be very simple on this, perhaps my conservative nature (I bunt in slow pitch softball, LOL!).

1) What are the rules at his place of employment? You have to be vaccinated, unless you have an approved exemption AND you can still do your job with the restrictions that would apply. it was doubtful that a FB coach could do that.

2) Are those rules legal? I read (I think in the Seattle Times) that there have been no successful lawsuits.
When these coaches told their wives that "We're unemployed with no benefits, effective immediately, aren't you proud of me?" I wonder what the reactions were...

I feel for the vaccinated assistants who still have jobs, but may well be unemployed after the season thanks to this idiot. Coordinators may have multiyear contracts, but many position coaches are year-to-year.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
When these coaches told their wives that "We're unemployed with no benefits, effective immediately, aren't you proud of me?" I wonder what the reactions were...

I feel for the vaccinated assistants who still have jobs, but may well be unemployed after the season thanks to this idiot. Coordinators may have multiyear contracts, but many position coaches are year-to-year.
if what I recall from yesterday is accurate the staff was mostly vaxxed but there were 3-4 guys that were holding the line with their idiot boss that were all walked out yesterday. Those guys are now untouchable too, no one will hire them. The vaxxed guys should be ok eventually but as we all know coaching is a tough career

Reactions: 92tide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

Look, I lost something on principle years ago, but it involved cheating in a classroom, and I wouldn't play ball. It has never bothered me other than to make me wonder if someone cheated on a med school exam what they might be willing to do to not get sued for malpractice.

But this is just not the hill to die on in my view for anyone. As Tom Nichols said this morning on Twitter, if you're the kind of person that opposed vaccines back when you were young and avoid them at all costs, AT LEAST I UNDERSTAND YOU. I don't agree, but I understand. But drawing the line in the sand on this is just plain ludicrous.

Being the whistleblower at Theranos when you're giving up a comfortable living on principle (and might get the kind of writeup that keeps you from getting a job), I understand that.

I'll never understand this nor the clichés that go with it. They're not even original.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Look, I lost something on principle years ago, but it involved cheating in a classroom, and I wouldn't play ball. It has never bothered me other than to make me wonder if someone cheated on a med school exam what they might be willing to do to not get sued for malpractice.

But this is just not the hill to die on in my view for anyone. As Tom Nichols said this morning on Twitter, if you're the kind of person that opposed vaccines back when you were young and avoid them at all costs, AT LEAST I UNDERSTAND YOU. I don't agree, but I understand. But drawing the line in the sand on this is just plain ludicrous.

Being the whistleblower at Theranos when you're giving up a comfortable living on principle (and might get the kind of writeup that keeps you from getting a job), I understand that.

I'll never understand this nor the clichés that go with it. They're not even original.
it's somewhat disturbing how easily folks are going along with this.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am not a liar. I do have faith in God. I do have friends who are not vaxxed, that's their decision not mine or yours. I have opinions that don't align with yours so you think I'm a liar. Be careful who you call a liar.
If you have friends who are using religion as an excuse not to get vaccinated, they are liars and will have to answer for that blasphemy some day.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.