Way Too Early 2023 SEC Predictions

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
not to be sarcastic by any means, but who is Georgia missing from their schedule that Alabama has? LSU is really the only one that jumps out at me as being a top 4 team in the SEC most likely this season that Georgia will not play. Both teams have “easier” schedules this year

we can say Texas, but that’s a team that went 8-5 last year georgia won’t play while Georgia plays South Carolina who went 8-5 and bama won’t play

no one on either teams schedule strikes me as a end of year top 10 team

or I should say that no one either team plays in the regular season should be on the same level as bama or Georgia
Good point. We both play Ole Miss, UTe, UK & AU. Your USCe & UF could equate to our Arkansauce & T8&4. That leaves us with Mittittippi Tate and LSU while you guys have Vandy and Mizzou. We have the decidedly tougher schedule considering these last two and the fact that we play Texas OOC.

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Good point. We both play Ole Miss, UTe, UK & AU. Your USCe & UF could equate to our Arkansauce & T8&4. That leaves us with Mittittippi Tate and LSU while you guys have Vandy and Mizzou. We have the decidedly tougher schedule considering these last two and the fact that we play Texas OOC.
don’t disagree

Reactions: CoolBreeze

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
LSU on the road
Alabama
Georgia

I say those are off the table immediately

cal on the road, Arkansas on the road and ole miss. Call me crazy but I say they lose all of those

I can see a scenario of 7-6 though
Not the Alabama game. I could see Freeze doing what Brian Kelly unexpectedly pulled off last year, and jhs will be a mad house once again. Won't make Auburn better than Bama, but we all know the history of this series.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Not the Alabama game. I could see Freeze doing what Brian Kelly unexpectedly pulled off last year, and jhs will be a mad house once again. Won't make Auburn better than Bama, but we all know the history of this series.
I hope we can get out of there with a win. I would really love to be able to say I witnessed Bama beat auburn four straight seasons because it has never happened in my lifetime (i am 35)

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Last Vegas Prediction

Of note: I took the over on all teams with a 0.5 in the over/under. Example: over/under set at 6.5 then i put the win total at 7-5 instead of 6-6

SEC West
Alabama 11-1
LSU 10-2
Arkansas 8-4
Ole Miss 7-5
TAMU 7-5
MS State: 7-5
Auburn 6-6

SEC EAST
Georgia 12-0
Tennessee 10-2
South Carolina 8-4
Florida 7-5
Kentucky 7-5
Missouri 6-6
Vanderbilt 5-7

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
What else is the off-season for than to make predictions about the upcoming season. I would love to hear some of your predictions for the season

West
1)
Alabama 12-0: sure Alabama may lose a game, but its rare and Alabama consistently wins 11 games or more each season, so I don't feel bad making this prediction. Most difficult game of the season appears to be Tennessee, and Alabama gets them at home.
2) LSU 9-3: I am not sure who else to put in the second spot in the west besides LSU. LSU has the most talent and potential in the west for the upcoming season
3) Ole Miss 8-4: LSU, Alabama and Georgia on the schedule. Even Tulane is not an easy game. Arkansas and Ole Miss could change positions

East
1) Georgia 11-1:
no idea who they lose to, but on the road at TN is most likely as south carolina and ole miss are played at home
2) Tennessee 10-2: I see vegas setting the over under at 10 or 10.5 for Tennessee this season. I could see them losing to Alabama, beating Georgia and then losing a game they shouldn't. Milton looks impressive
3) South Carolina 9-3: beating tennessee and clemson last year was impressive to say the least, even if it is south carolina
I'm going to focus on those teams I highlighted above.

In SEC West, Kiffin and Ole miss should be whole lot better. Did you not see the portal additions they had? They have Golding now. Defense should be stingy and aggressive. Ole Miss will be 1 or 2 loss team. LSU? No. I see them in middle of SEC West This is the team that overachieved last year. They had no business being in SEC Championship.

SEC East: Tennessee will have more than 2 loss. SC Carolina is legit threat to Georgia.

• Haha
Reactions: teamplayer

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
I'm going to focus on those teams I highlighted above.

In SEC West, Kiffin and Ole miss should be whole lot better. Did you not see the portal additions they had? They have Golding now. Defense should be stingy and aggressive. Ole Miss will be 1 or 2 loss team. LSU? No. I see them in middle of SEC West This is the team that overachieved last year. They had no business being in SEC Championship.

SEC East: Tennessee will have more than 2 loss. SC Carolina is legit threat to Georgia.
I agree that South Carolina will be better than advertised. I also like Beamer

In means of a discussion board and discussion at that, I do have to disagree with Ole Miss being a 11-1 or 10-2 team, especially since they play Georgia and Alabama. Vegas has them at 7-5

anything can happen in SEC play though

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Bottom line, somebody needs to step up and be consistently good in the east besides Georgia. Can UT repeat their success? Can UF finally challenge for the east? Can Beamer get USCe there?

Bueller? Bueller? Buller?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Bottom line, somebody needs to step up and be consistently good in the east besides Georgia. Can UT repeat their success? Can UF finally challenge for the east? Can Beamer get USCe there?

The answer is no. Not yet anyway.

I could see Beamer getting USC "there" someday. But I don't think UT is headed for a NY6 bowl again this year. I don't think UF is going to challenge this year. I think Napier has a ton of work yet to do.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Well, divisions in the SEC are about to come to an end and it couldn't happen too soon IMHO.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.