Bama Game Thread: WCWS-Alabama vs FSU Game 2

Bamaatthebeach

1st Team
Feb 27, 2019
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA
Earlier today, on Twitter I think it was, I saw that KB Sides has put her name in the transfer portal.
Earlier today, on Twitter I think it was, I saw that KB Sides has put her name in the transfer portal.
What in the H****?! Wallace was one thing, but Sides is a four year Alabama native playing an extra granted year, and she's leaving? I didn't think this week could get any worse for softball.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
What in the H****?! Wallace was one thing, but Sides is a four year Alabama native playing an extra granted year, and she's leaving? I didn't think this week could get any worse for softball.
Well Tow is coming back and we are adding some big bats to our lineup. My guess was it was “your positions aren’t guaranteed if you stay” kinda thing.

BamaHoHo

All-American
Aug 7, 2007
Coaling, Alabama, United States
https://www.facebook.com/kendall.sides

If I could tell baby KB in the second photo anything it would simply be this: you are going to face many bumps in the road, heartbreaks, and storms but you will prevail. You will win an SEC championship, a SEC tournament championship, two WCWS appearances, overcome injuries, mentor young girls, graduate from the capstone, meet your best friends, and become the strong woman you are today. You will wear number 8 with so much passion, grace, fire, competitiveness, and joy. That number symbolizes new beginnings, harmony, hope, and a bright future which are soon to come for you. Thank you to this amazing University for the best 4 years of my life. Thank you to the fans, to my family, and everyone else in between. Thank you GOD!! What a honor it was to wear the script “A” and number 8 I have dreamed of since I was a little girl. I gave this “A” everything I had and wouldn’t change a single thing. But this next journey is about to be the best one yet. Roll Damn Tide to that! Officially an ALABAMA ALUM!!!

[image] [image]

• Heart
Reactions: Bamaatthebeach

Gatorgreat

Jun 10, 2021
After the win they started pointing towards our dugout and singing Happy Birthday Montana. Copying what our girls did for her after the UCLA game (UCLA was way off the field).
Have to set the record straight on this. They were singing Happy Birthday to Emma Wilson, backup pitcher for FSU, it was her birthday.

Go Gators!

Gatorgreat

Jun 10, 2021
Florida sports fans in general are the biggest “fill in the blank” fans in all sports. That’s why i will never cheer for Florida, FSU, or Miami. I have on occasion cheered for the smaller schools.
I never knew Harvey Updyke was a fan of Florida sports. Come on now. You're being a little bit too hard.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Have to set the record straight on this. They were singing Happy Birthday to Emma Wilson, backup pitcher for FSU, it was her birthday.

Go Gators!
If so then okay that changes it for their team. Still doesn’t excuse their fans in the stands
I never knew Harvey Updyke was a fan of Florida sports. Come on now. You're being a little bit too hard.
1) You joined an Alabama forum not a Gators or Noles forum. So don’t get all bent out of shape when some doesn’t have a great opinion about your fan base.

2) Harvey was a mentally unstable jerk that most of us were against. He isn’t a reflection of the fan base as a whole. Yes you throw our famous jerks (7 nation lady and the Krystals man) back at us, but it’s the price of being on top.

3) I’ve been to games at LSU, Tennessee, and Auburn and they are saints compared to Florida and Georgia even on neutral sites. I’ve never seen whiskey, food, and as many four letter words thrown at opposing fans that were minding their own business as I’ve seen by Florida and Georgia fans at a ball game.

Noles fans, I haven’t had as many experiences with but they aren’t too dissimilar in being the same kinda jerks as their big brothers. Obnoxious, vulgar, and arr Although Alabama hasn’t played FSU on the up and up. So that probably factors into it.

This is just in my experiences amongst fan bases. I’ve been to almost all SEC stadiums for Alabama games. I’ve been to a couple of bowl games and 1 national championship. So I’m not just regurgitating what many have said over the years. Yes our fans can be jerks, but as a whole I don’t see them as really that bad at games. But then again LSU, Georgia, and Florida fans don’t see themselves as jerk fans either. But again in my experience Florida, Georgia, and Michigan fans were the worst fans to share a Saturday with.

This isn’t to say all, but there are too many times to count in Atlanta and Tuscaloosa in which the same things happens when Florida and Georgia play Alabama to not say that its a trend amongst the fan base. Yes I’ve met several cool Gators fans, but I have met way too many donkeys at games. But yeah each fans has “those” fans, but I have either been so unlucky when going to games vs Florida or Florida is full of “those” fans because I have met more donkeys than cool fans at games. Many Alabama fans echo that opinion about Florida fans especially those who attended the 1991 and 2008 games.

4) Welcome to the board.

Last edited:

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Best wishes to her, and what a heartfelt post. I've been a big fan for awhile now....
Trying to be open minded but this transfer makes zero sense to me.. Play your entire college career with one team and have been a big part of the success this team has had the last couple of years, and you have a chance to be a vocal leader on a team next year that could be and should be back in OKC again next season and you transfer? Something just doesn't smell right to me...

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Trying to be open minded but this transfer makes zero sense to me.. Play your entire college career with one team and have been a big part of the success this team has had the last couple of years, and you have a chance to be a vocal leader on a team next year that could be and should be back in OKC again next season and you transfer? Something just doesn't smell right to me...
Agree. Why would someone like KB, who has been an integral part of the team, want to transfer. The only reason I could think of was she was told she was not part of the future plans, which would be a huge blunder. Hey KB, stick around another year. We want you at BAMA.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Someone on another site mentioned she may go to Med school and wanted a school that offers the best program for that. Not sure if that is accurate but a few people mentioned that. Otherwise, yes, it seems strange that she would transfer.

Reactions: Blindside17

Gatorgreat

Jun 10, 2021
If so then okay that changes it for their team. Still doesn’t excuse their fans in the stands

1) You joined an Alabama forum not a Gators or Noles forum. So don’t get all bent out of shape when some doesn’t have a great opinion about your fan base.

2) Harvey was a mentally unstable jerk that most of us were against. He isn’t a reflection of the fan base as a whole. Yes you throw our famous jerks (7 nation lady and the Krystals man) back at us, but it’s the price of being on top.

3) I’ve been to games at LSU, Tennessee, and Auburn and they are saints compared to Florida and Georgia even on neutral sites. I’ve never seen whiskey, food, and as many four letter words thrown at opposing fans that were minding their own business as I’ve seen by Florida and Georgia fans at a ball game.

Noles fans, I haven’t had as many experiences with but they aren’t too dissimilar in being the same kinda jerks as their big brothers. Obnoxious, vulgar, and arr Although Alabama hasn’t played FSU on the up and up. So that probably factors into it.

This is just in my experiences amongst fan bases. I’ve been to almost all SEC stadiums for Alabama games. I’ve been to a couple of bowl games and 1 national championship. So I’m not just regurgitating what many have said over the years. Yes our fans can be jerks, but as a whole I don’t see them as really that bad at games. But then again LSU, Georgia, and Florida fans don’t see themselves as jerk fans either. But again in my experience Florida, Georgia, and Michigan fans were the worst fans to share a Saturday with.

This isn’t to say all, but there are too many times to count in Atlanta and Tuscaloosa in which the same things happens when Florida and Georgia play Alabama to not say that its a trend amongst the fan base. Yes I’ve met several cool Gators fans, but I have met way too many donkeys at games. But yeah each fans has “those” fans, but I have either been so unlucky when going to games vs Florida or Florida is full of “those” fans because I have met more donkeys than cool fans at games. Many Alabama fans echo that opinion about Florida fans especially those who attended the 1991 and 2008 games.

4) Welcome to the board.
Thank you. I come from an Alabama family. My grandfather played football for Alabama and with The Bear, not for him so i know a die hard fan base. There are sour grapes and whines in every fan base, its part of being a fan. No hard feelings.

See you in the fall.

Go Gators.

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
I made the trip to OKC for the 2nd game against FSU, and stayed for the Championship series. I coach a Middle School team, and one of our parents is a big FSU fan, so we took our daughters and another girl on the team. One of our teams was guaranteed to be in the Championship. First, the experience was awesome. The venue and atmosphere are great, even though it was hotter than the surface of the sun for that 2pm start for Game 3. After the Monday game, most of the Bama players came up in the stands to visit family and friends, and my daughter was able to get pictures with several of the girls. The FSU fans seemed fine to me that night. For the Championship series, both fan bases were very obnoxious, with OU fans being the worst. They were over the top bad, and it just got worse as the series progressed. The fact that probably 95% of those in attendance were OU fans made it worse. If they are in the CWS, they have a distinct homefield advantage, with Norman only like a half hour away. They have an incredible team, so not taking anything away from them, because they are fun to watch. If you are a softball fan, it's definitely worth making the trip. We had a blast, and plan on taking our whole high school/middle school staff next year.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Just saw online that it looks like KB Sides will be headed to Arkansas for her final year of eligibility. Hate to see her go as she was a big part of the BAMA team. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Is there some hidden educational benefit in going to Arkansas, or did Murphy tell her she was done? (don't see that as she was too good to say she was done). This is a mystery to me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.