Welcome JD Davison to Bama Basketball ...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I don't care what level you play on, when you can score like JD your future is bright.

I can't wait to see him in Crimson!
Yeah you're correct. He's also proved his talents on the AAU circuit as well, he's legit. it's going to be a learning curve of course but if he comes in with hunger and dedication to work hard and grow, The Young Beast has the potential to be something special! The good thing is CNO and crew will keep him honest ... if he's not putting in the effort, he won't play. Its as simple as that. But if he invests into the system, there's a great chance he will be one-and-done.

Reactions: BamaInBham

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Yeah you're correct. He's also proved his talents on the AAU circuit as well, he's legit. it's going to be a learning curve of course but if he comes in with hunger and dedication to work hard and grow, The Young Beast has the potential to be something special! The good thing is CNO and crew will keep him honest ... if he's not putting in the effort, he won't play. Its as simple as that. But if he invests into the system, there's a great chance he will be one-and-done.
Right. He has the raw skills that I think CNO can draw out to be a special player.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
It's just a part of his intensity, Colin did the same when he played HS basketball. it doesn't bother me as long as it's backed up with performance on the court or isn't a detriment to the team. Now if he's doing it and his performance doesn't match, we all know he won't play. I'm sure the staff will talk to him about channeling it though.

Reactions: BamaMike05

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Wonder how long it'll take Oats to erase the taunting? That looked like a clip with several "Ts". Also, the post-dunk "excessive celebrating" could use some cleaning up even when he's not taunting an opponent...
I suppose CNO will correct that behavior and he won't be doing near as many "highlight" dunks at the next level (at the same rate he did in HS).

But man, if you can't see the incredible talent (no matter the level of competition he played at) you don't know basketball.

He's going to be a "star" in CNO's system. Afraid he'll be a one and done.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Wonder how long it'll take Oats to erase the taunting? That looked like a clip with several "Ts". Also, the post-dunk "excessive celebrating" could use some cleaning up even when he's not taunting an opponent...
Agreed, lots of his stuff on twitter just rubs me the wrong way.
Thank you. I have been trying not to say anything so as not to come across negatively. He is a tremendous talent and I look forward to his time on the floor. That said, I guess I'm old school and don't agree with ever trying to "show up" somebody. Act like you've been there before. Hoping it is just him being young.

Reactions: day-day and seebell

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
I suppose CNO will correct that behavior and he won't be doing near as many "highlight" dunks at the next level (at the same rate he did in HS).

But man, if you can't see the incredible talent (no matter the level of competition he played at) you don't know basketball.

Used to be the players would handle this stuff. You'd get "Charles Oakleyed" by somebody, haha!

Reactions: BamaMoon

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I don't recollect addressing talent at all...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Or 'Mule Kinged' as Norman Anchrum found out at halftime, way back when. The gray beards will remember that one.
Reggie Mule King of Jackson Olin and Norm Anchrum of Jones Valley. Not to mention TR Dunn of West End. Bham produced a heck of a lot of talent in 1970’s and 1980’s.

Reactions: dtgreg

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think JD may be one of the most exciting Bama B-ball recruits in a long time.

The fact we like to run combined with a PG that can get down the floor and finish like he does is going to be a beautiful combination.

One thing I'm not sure about is his actual "speed" to the basket. We've had a trio of recent guys (Sexton, Kira and now JQ) that have incredible speed. I don't know how JD compares to them in that department, but I think he'll be the most dynamic PG taking it to the rim we've had in recent memory...maybe ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Hes going to be dangerous in the open court in transition. I think the spot that CNO will help develop him the most will be his half court game. I wont be surprised to see him play off the ball a lot starting off.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.