Link: Welcome to the SEC Mike Leach

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Leach really is crazy . . .
MSU is gonna be a circus until they adjust.
Leach is a heck of a Offensive mind. He has a very real advantage, in that he is totally unpredictable. Media days is gonna be a field day this year. I can't wait.
This next year everybody needs to watch out for Ole Sis, and MSU. These teams will be Offensive powerhouses if they listen to CLK and CML.

• Haha
Reactions: teamplayer

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I think Kiffin and Leach joining the West this year will make Bama better. Competition should get better, meaning we'll be more battle tested as a team. And I think Saban will be reinvigorated by the improved competition and the schemes that he will have to defend against.

Reactions: RammerJammer15

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think Kiffin and Leach joining the West this year will make Bama better. Competition should get better, meaning we'll be more battle tested as a team. And I think Saban will be reinvigorated by the improved competition and the schemes that he will have to defend against.
Once most teams figure both of them out, they will be easier to defend....... I think it will make Bama a better team, and the SEC better........ Kirby might have fits with them ....... I think Saban knows Joey Freshwater’s inclinations pretty good and will be able to adjust....... the Pirate is a little trickier, but teams will figure him out eventually as well....... and his production might not be as mesmerizing as people think....... I look forward to the mind games between Kiffin, Pirate and Gus......

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Is it me, or did he not look very excited in that video??? I get it, he's been around the block a few times; but, to me, he didn't really look excited to be there at all.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Coach Leach - like a boss - putting on a clinic on how to arrive as *your* program's new head football coach.

Check out the pirate icon on his cowbell....lol......

This is going to be epic! 😬

Strange that when I try to play the video, Baz, it only shows the first 15 seconds... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Bazza

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It will at least give real reason to stay focused all year. With these two wild cards at the wheel, your team cannot let up. They must prepare all week on both defense and offense. Especially the defense. Two very unpredictable offensive minds that can beat you with less talent.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
the Pirate is a little trickier, but teams will figure him out eventually as well....... and his production might not be as mesmerizing as people think.......
I think he'll surprise you. Wazzou had the #1 passing offense along with the 2nd worst rushing offense in the nation in 2019, yet still ranked #11 in scoring.

Leach will get yards and points, but with the 93rd ranked scoring defense, they'll get beat by better teams.

Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think he'll surprise you. Wazzou had the #1 passing offense along with the 2nd worst rushing offense in the nation in 2019, yet still ranked #11 in scoring.

Leach will get yards and points, but with the 93rd ranked scoring defense, they'll get beat by better teams.
Oh I agree...... he will be like trying to corral a greasy pig, but if teams bear down on defense, I think they can mitigate a good bit of it...... still it’s a great challenge and will make Bama better

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
Leach really is crazy . . .
Crazy like a Fox. He is an eccentric genius. That's not saying I want to hang out with him or anything, but he knows how to coach underdog programs. Wazzou, Kentucky and Texas Tech have always been also rans in their respective conferences and most in their home states, but he gets them to compete. Now the law of averages starts to creep up on them and they all gradually fade to the big boys, but he gets them there.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's pretty stubborn about his air raid though. Several of his proteges have added more gadgets to the base offense to make it harder to defend. Holgerson, for example, has more motions and a bit more run plays built into his version of it.

This year when UDub beat Wazzu yet again, easily shutting down their offense, it was kinda slipped by the UDub staff that they're able to do this because they've figured out how to defend his base plays and constraint plays yet he won't adapt.

Saban and the defensive staff need to get all the tape for the last ~6 years of UDub D v. Wazzu and figure out what Jimmy Lake was doing. I'm betting on Leach to basically run most of the same stuff Joe Kines had to deal with in 2005 when we play this Fall.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Jackie Sherrill once had people at the MSU vet school castrate a bull in front of his team as motivation prior to a game. I wonder what "The Pirate of Oktibbeha" will do?

I just imagine the MSU bulldog mascot is sweating at the thought of what might be running the mind of "Captain Jack" Leach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.