Well, as anticipated, SCOTUS blocks Biden vaccine mandate on 100+ employers...

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
" The vaccine mandate that the court will allow to be enforced nationwide covers virtually all health care workers in the country. It applies to health care providers that receive federal Medicare or Medicaid funding, potentially affecting 76,000 health care facilities as well as home health care providers. The rule has medical and religious exemptions "

This should affect my husband's company - we'll see how it plays out. Only 2 (possibly 3 by now) in an office of 6 are vaccinated. Him (practitioner), one technician, and possibly one OA.

eta - while considered "medical device company" for tax purposes, they fall under Medicaid & Medicare since they accept patients from both programs.

Reactions: 92tide and seebell

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Our judicial system is a farce, and the pretense is no longer possible. Every day we creep closer and closer to becoming just another 3rd world country.
This is why knowing how to grill/bbq with wood and charcoal is more important than ever before. The propane boys going to be in trouble. :p:oops:;):ROFLMAO:

1642105584353.png

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Finally some good news. Not a fan of the health care workers clause, but it is what it is.

I know the comparisons were made to the previous 1905 case with Mass or Maine requiring it under penalty of fraud. But as stated, apples to orangutans.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Finally some good news. Not a fan of the health care workers clause, but it is what it is.

I know the comparisons were made to the previous 1905 case with Mass or Maine requiring it under penalty of fraud. But as stated, apples to orangutans.
yup good news, more people are going to die unnecessarily. glad that makes you happy

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I see where the mandate could be tweaked - there are businesses (like trucking companies) where employees don’t work in close quarters involving more than a handful of people. But for companies like the tech company I used to work for, where you had 200 people on two floors in cubicles, the mandate is really necessary because some are so hopelessly ignorant (willfully or not) they’re going to infect and likely kill others with no consequences.
We are becoming a cesspool, and six of the biggest logs are on the SC.

• Facepalm
Reactions: Toddrn

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I see where the mandate could be tweaked - there are businesses (like trucking companies) where employees don’t work in close quarters involving more than a handful of people. But for companies like the tech company I used to work for, where you had 200 people on two floors in cubicles, the mandate is really necessary because some are so hopelessly ignorant (willfully or not) they’re going to infect and likely kill others with no consequences.
We are becoming a cesspool, and six of the biggest logs are on the SC.
I hope they go back to the drawing board and begin with public facing workers and expand from there. SCOTUS has tilted too far right.

Reactions: B1GTide and 92tide

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Don't require a public mandate + require a Healthcare worker mandate = further constrained Healthcare system = something to blame Biden with

Reactions: Jon and dtgreg

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Their "reasoning", as far as I can gather, is their undying hatred of "Big Gummint" and desire to return power to Corporations and / or the States. Of course, this makes perfect sense because pandemics are nothing if not respectful of State Boundaries.

I guess they would LOVE to go back to their Originalist interpretation of the Constitution which, to their mind, requires Congress to regulate all Federal policies and not delegate to experts (OSHA, FEMA, FDA, CDC, etc). This MAY have worked better in the 18th Century but not in the space and information age.

Don't get me started on how these "Originalist" clowns think they can square the Constitutionality circle of having a strong "Unitary" Executive in the person of the President when our country had just literally fought a war to get rid of the same! For the reason The Bomb created the need for the President to authorize nuclear retaliation, which, let's face it, is CLEARLY unconstitutional but inarguably necessary, the bureaucracy needed to run this giant empire while, possibly questionable on constitutional grounds, is just as absolutely indispensible. To think of the expertise of a TommyTuberville or Mo Brooks being relied upon for ANY decision involving Public Health or Safety or well, let's just surrender to the Russians, already. We're too stupid to survive.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Making mandates on Private employers was a bit of an over reach.
While I'm no fan of Doctors and Nurses being fired for not getting the Vax, Hospitals do get federal money. I can see where the SCOYUS would say they have to dance to the tune the government plays.
I just don't like it. There is a Doctor and Nurse shortage, without firing those who failed to comply.
TIMES ARE TOUGH.

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Making mandates on Private employers was a bit of an over reach.
While I'm no fan of Doctors and Nurses being fired for not getting the Vax, Hospitals do get federal money. I can see where the SCOYUS would say they have to dance to the tune the government plays.
I just don't like it. There is a Doctor and Nurse shortage, without firing those who failed to comply.
TIMES ARE TOUGH.
I certainly hope you or I never have the occasion to be operated upon by Doctors and Nurses who refuse to wash their hands or wear masks because they "don't believe in germ theory" of disease.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Stupid. Glad they allowed the healthcare mandate to proceed, but if workplace safety is not the purpose of OSHA and this is not workplace safety then I just don't know what this court would see as workplace safety.
They have got to appreciate or at least understand the ultimate result of this decision…the virus prolonged with more mutants expected, and more sickness and death.

How could anybody be so committed to whatever is motivating them, that they make decisions like this? Gee whiz…🌪

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.