Game Thread: West Virginia vs Oklahoma (ABC)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I’ve always hated them, ever since their first coach with the initials BS and their tendency to run up scores on the overmatched. They think they’re God’s gift to football, but just remember that even Satan was created by God as a side effect.
Oklahoma has been given the benefit of the doubt for winning the 2000 NCG. If there is a bull crap seeding or national championship participant then 9/10 times its something involving Oklahoma

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
There are several teams I hate more than Auburn. Tennessee, Nebraska, Georgia, Oklahoma, and Clemson to be exact.
I wouldn't say I hate Clemson, but I absolutely loathe their coach. I HATE Auburn as well as the vast majority of their fans and alumni with the heat of a thousand suns. They represent everything I despise in this world.

Reactions: selmaborntidefan

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I’ve always hated them, ever since their first coach with the initials BS and their tendency to run up scores on the overmatched. They think they’re God’s gift to football, but just remember that even Satan was created by God as a side effect.
They have the same number of National Championships as Fourteenessee in the last 35 years.

They've also won as many CFP games as Fourteenesee.

Just sayin'...

Reactions: TideEngineer08

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wouldn't say I hate Clemson, but I absolutely loathe their coach.
Right now they are equal to me. But when he goes I probably will go back to not caring.

I HATE Auburn as well as the vast majority of their fans and alumni with the heat of a thousand suns. They represent everything I despise in this world.
I just hate Tennessee way more. Phil Fulmer is enough to hate them more than any other sports program.

Auburn has always been an annoyance to me.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
Didn't realize there was so much hate for the Sooners among the Bama fans.

And I agree we have some douche fans. But then again, every team's got a few.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Didn't realize there was so much hate for the Sooners among the Bama fans.
Well 50% of Alabama fans love Oklahoma because of their tradition and the other 50% hate them because Oklahoma’s encounters with Alabama.

Most of the hate comes from interactions. For me it’s that Oklahoma fans won’t let 2013 die even to this day. Most Oklahoma fans that I have encountered are very much the onikuno types who have this entitled arrogance, and whine when you don’t tell them how great they are. If it makes you feel better I hate Nebraska far worse for the same reason.

Then you get to Boomer Sooner…. Do y’all really have to play that after every first down?

There are a lot of Alabama fans who hate Oklahoma is mostly in the group that hates y’all because y’all are still getting the benefit of the doubt for winning the 2000 NCG. How many blowouts in big games have y’all had and still are ranked in the top 4 and in position to play for national championship.

Then you get to the Kyler Murray Heisman… personally this doesn’t affect me and I’m far more angry that Trevor Lawrence came in 2nd last year than Murray winning it over Tua. But Tua has probably the biggest player fan club in Alabama history and it’s still a massive sore spot for many.

To say the least… Oklahoma and Alabama aren’t as buddy buddy amongst fans as many would think.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'll address this to the 50 percent of Alabama fans who love OU: I'm pretty fond of Bama as well. :LOL:
I think I said it earlier in the thread, but, OU was my 2nd favorite team for a long time. This started in 1999 with OU's resurgence under Bob Stoops. And then especially as the 2000s started, because we went into the crapper, and viola here is this other traditional power that wears a slightly different shade of Crimson. The 2002/03 series cemented it, as it appeared to me that OU had a classy program and that was a fun series in which an overmatched Alabama squad played Oklahoma off its feet for about 6 of the 8 quarters and could have won that first game.

But then Bob Stoops started talking publicly about Alabama. And the tone and tenor of OU's online fan base got really sour towards Alabama. Their mockery of Alabama's NCs was worse than anything I had ever heard out of Auburn fans. In fact, that's what they sounded like - Auburn fans. And then 81usaf92 lays out the rest fairly well. I'm not so broken up anymore about the Kyler/Tua stuff anymore, either.

Having said all of that, none of the regular OU posters here at Tidefans have ever displayed any of the behavior I referenced, and in fact resemble perfectly that persona that drew me to OU in the first place.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I'll address this to the 50 percent of Alabama fans who love OU: I'm pretty fond of Bama as well. :LOL:
Well don’t be shocked that many people here don’t like y’all. You’ve been here long enough to see it during the lead up to the Orange Bowl that there was a true hatred after the Heisman race and how your fans won’t let the Sugar Bowl go. I swear you are acting like the fans who constantly ask “why does this board hate Dabo so much?” It’s rather obvious.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.