What About Those Auburn Tigers?

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Thor is starting to get first round love. Teams apparently love his raw upside. Made a good decision to stay in the draft.
Speaking of which ...

So the Pacers currently have the following picks:
• First round – 13 (lottery pick)
• Second round – 54 and 60

So looking at this scenario, it could be one of three things:
• The Pacers are looking to make a trade to get a pick later in the first round
• The Pacers are looking to trade to get a pick earlier in the second round.
• Or they are looking to see which players will fill their picks in the second round.

Here's hoping they are looking to trade up for picks for these players sake.

Reactions: AUDub

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Question: is there a specific date that Primo has to declare his intent to stay in the draft or return to Bama? If so, will someone post that date. Thanks.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Thanks Dub. I knew about the agent rule but I wasn't sure about the declaration deadline. I thought it had to be getting close.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Technically he signed with an NCAA-certified agent which allows him the ability to return back to school by the deadline if he chooses. Smart move on his side so he wouldn't have to navigate the waters by himself.

Theres a lot of interest in him as a long term project, just interested to see what the NBA considers the value of a player like that in this talent-heavy draft. Best case scenario late first round, worst case late second or even undrafted. Hopefully his agent will be real with him about what his possibilities are. I believe hes doing his due diligence for the best outcome.

Reactions: AUDub

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Eh we had Scoot Henderson all but committed to us this past cycle and he went GLeague for a cool million. Don't care how good your bagmen are. Ain't a program in the country that would pony that up.
True! Unless its the next coming of Michael Jordan I think most schools would pass on that lol I'm intrigued how this is going to play out with Overtime, there are some dynamics involved that haven't been considered like how teens will handle making that amount of money and being able to handle the responsibility of performing to meet the standards of making that amount of money.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
JTThor goes to the Pistons at 37. Good pick for my squad. On a side note, I'm surprised that Shariffe is still on the board. He was a first round projection.