Omnibus Thread on SEC Teams...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Man, I've been impressed with their play since the SECT.

I've got to admit they are playing a brand a basketball that I hope will see in Tuscaloosa when CNO gets it going.

Shoot, I'm so impressed I'm just going to say it: WAR EAGLE!

aPRIL fOOLS! :biggrin:

• Haha
Reactions: DocCrimson

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
More intensity in the last 20 seconds of regulation v. UK than 'Bama's had in the last 200 games - and maybe that's underselling it...

Will be the new NC.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
While I hate their program, I respect what they’ve done in basketball. Unlike our decision-makers, they’ve been willing to invest heavily in their program and are reaping huge dividends. They were willing to spend money and take a risk—we aren’t. What you are seeing is the result.

Money can’t buy the exposure that they will get from being in the final four.

Last edited:

Hammond

Suspended
Aug 2, 2018
Been waiting for my first post. In the spirit of a late board and late poster.

MooooAaaaGgggEWE!!!!!

;)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Man, I've been impressed with their play since the SECT.

I've got to admit they are playing a brand a basketball that I hope will see in Tuscaloosa when CNO gets it going.

Shoot, I'm so impressed I'm just going to say it: WAR EAGLE!

aPRIL fOOLS! :biggrin:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am not sure how to put this. The team wearing Auburn's uniforms is the type of team that I typically pull for in these tournaments. But because they have Auburn on the jersey, I am having a tough time. The good news - not a single blue blood left in the pool, which means that I can just enjoy the games and not worry about who wins while hoping it isn't Auburn.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
While I hate their program, I respect what they’ve done in basketball. Unlike our decision-makers, they’ve been willing to invest heavily in their program and are reaping huge dividends. They were willing to spend money and take a risk—we aren’t. What you are seeing is the result.

Money can’t buy the exposure that they will get from being in the final four.
The real issue was that we didn’t have the best AD when we really needed it. Bill battle maybe one of worst ADs we have had when it was for a sport other than football. He had 3 bad hires that has made us regress in major sports. Byrne has made two really good hires that may take some time to negate those Battle hires.

Also take into account that it took Pearl 5 years to get past the round of 32 with Auburn. And he was owned by Anthony Grant his first few years. So it wasn’t always looked at as a for sure thing that Auburn would turn into a deep playoff team

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
I am not sure how to put this. The team wearing Auburn's uniforms is the type of team that I typically pull for in these tournaments. But because they have Auburn on the jersey, I am having a tough time. The good news - not a single blue blood left in the pool, which means that I can just enjoy the games and not worry about who wins while hoping it isn't Auburn.
For the past 50-plus years since SEC basketball integration, I've rooted for a team from Alabama to become national champions. I'm almost willing to grant All Bran a brief relocation in Lee County from West Georgia this week to culminate that long-held vision that has accompanied me well into senior citizenship. Nah, fact of the matter is, if All Bran managed to get into Monday night's championship game, I'd have to watch it blindfolded and with the volume turned down, with my beverage a quart of castor oil drunk by a skinny straw to fully purge any incipient pangs of All Bran sporting enthusiasm from my system...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
After Auburn punched their ticket to the FF, I had a person in Texas ask me, "Is Auburn in Georgia?" I told them, "That's what most folks think." :biggrin2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Auburn fans are now upset the AP didn't include a single player on the All-American team. It's like they don't realize how things work.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
The real issue was that we didn’t have the best AD when we really needed it. Bill battle maybe one of worst ADs we have had when it was for a sport other than football. He had 3 bad hires that has made us regress in major sports. Byrne has made two really good hires that may take some time to negate those Battle hires.

Also take into account that it took Pearl 5 years to get past the round of 32 with Auburn. And he was owned by Anthony Grant his first few years. So it wasn’t always looked at as a for sure thing that Auburn would turn into a deep playoff team
And don’t forget, Moore handed the basketball hiring to Dave Hart, and we got CAG out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Was discussed some on the radio yesterday. After his third year at Auburn, Bruce was 44-54 (16-38 in SEC play). The jump from year three to year four really didn't make much sense when looking at the previous years. Amazingly, Bruce is still 10 games under .500 in SEC play.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.