Omnibus Thread on SEC Teams...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Right now on a tentative rotation:

1. Wendell Green - Zep Jasper - (Transfer Guard)
2. Trey Alexander - Devan Cambridge - (Transfer Guard)
3. Allen Flanigan - Devan Cambridge - Jaylin Williams
4. Jabari Smith - Jaylin Williams - Chris Moore
5. Walker Kessler - Dylan Cardwell - Stretch Akingbola

That's already one of the scariest front-courts in the country. Just need a tad more guard depth and we're done.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Noise that Thor is seriously considering a return. That would make for some, well, interesting rotations in the front court. He comes back we basically have one spot left for an additional guard.

With Scoot it seems the G-league has entered the picture.

And we're apparently slow playing Sills.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Noise that Thor is seriously considering a return. That would make for some, well, interesting rotations in the front court. He comes back we basically have one spot left for an additional guard.

With Scoot it seems the G-league has entered the picture.

And we're apparently slow playing Sills.
Yeah won't be surprised if Thor comes back, honestly would be a good move for him. I really wish some of these guys will really think about the G League jump straight out of high school.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Yeah won't be surprised if Thor comes back, honestly would be a good move for him. I really wish some of these guys will really think about the G League jump straight out of high school.
Thor is a special case though. He was originally a 21 that reclassed and played what would have essentially been his HS senior year at AU. Would be no shock if a GM took a shot at him with a late pick just on potential alone. He could be a lottery guy with a year of seasoning though. Just a Swiss army knife of a 4.

Scoot is much the same. He's a 22 that may reclass. If he reclasses, it'll likely be AU. If he stays in school it'll likely be G-League.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I agree about the extra time for both. Thor is a heck of a talent, he can just bide his time and home his skills next season and he will be in a better position draft wise. It's a challenge when you have the allure of thousands now when they can make millions in a year or two later. The same with Scoot. It's not too many that actually get the big bucks by going to the g league first.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
You all are looking to have a solid frontcourt and we will have a solid backcourt, should be some fun basketball next season.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
We'll have a solid forecourt - on defense... :)
I think both the front court AND backcourt will be solid ... just didn't want to give away all of our secrets :cool:
Gurley should be a difference maker. We've seen the numbers he's already put up against SEC talent so he should have an easier transition than most.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think both the front court AND backcourt will be solid ... just didn't want to give away all of our secrets :cool:
Gurley should be a difference maker. We've seen the numbers he's already put up against SEC talent so he should have an easier transition than most.
What I meant was, from watching Oats' offense last season - and what he said today - we will not have a traditional forecourt as Pearl plays one...

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Not worried about our frontcourt defensively either. Smith and Kessler are both prolific shot blockers as are the guys that would be spelling them at 4 and 5.

Jury is still out on our backcourt defensively. Jasper is supposedly an elite perimeter defender but whoever starts at 1 or spells him at 2 will probably be a hindrance. Not sure about Green or Alexander yet.

Probably be an overall improvement over Cooper and Jamal Johnson though.

And both of our bigs have a decent three point shot, so we will be able to stretch the floor. We'll have shooters everywhere except when they're being spelled and Cardwell or Stretch is in.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Not worried about our frontcourt defensively either. Smith and Kessler are both prolific shot blockers as are the guys that would be spelling them at 4 and 5.

Jury is still out on our backcourt defensively. Jasper is supposedly an elite perimeter defender but whoever starts at 1 or spells him at 2 will probably be a hindrance. Not sure about Green or Alexander yet.

Probably be an overall improvement over Cooper and Jamal Johnson though.

And both of our bigs have a decent three point shot, so we will be able to stretch the floor. We'll have shooters everywhere.
On a side note, I'm seeing mock drafts for Cooper around late first round-early second round. I'm thinking he could have improved upon his stock if he would have came back another year. Especially with the front court talent you all have now.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
On a side note, I'm seeing mock drafts for Cooper around late first round-early second round. I'm thinking he could have improved upon his stock if he would have came back another year. Especially with the front court talent you all have now.
Some kids and their families are just interested I'm getting to the pros ASAP. Yeah with a year of seasoning he could be a lottery guy. As it is now, he's probably mid to late first round.

Flan has formally announced his return. This was expected, but he was probably looking at a second round pick. Another year will probably put him mid first round.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Lol Be nice Dzyn, we do have this thread for a valid reason. You know AUDub is one of our solid contributors so it's good to have a lil Auburn bball in the mix. I want Auburn bball as good as possible, makes for a healthy rivalry :)

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I think Scoot misses the cut with you all, this G league thing us really making it interesting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.