Omnibus Thread on SEC Teams...

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Does not compute
Basketball is a different animal than football. We don't recruit the same footprint and other teams being good in your conference around you is pretty important for seeding purposes and the like.

And honestly it's really not even that much of a rivalry. In spite of our recent success Bama is still the more storied program with the only exception being the one time we managed to make a deep run into the tournament. We were arguably the worst program historically in the SEC until really recently.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Basketball is a different animal than football. We don't recruit the same footprint and other teams being good in your conference around you is pretty important for seeding purposes and the like.

And honestly it's really not even that much of a rivalry. In spite of our recent success Bama is still the more storied program with the only exception being the one time we managed to make a deep run into the tournament. We were arguably the worst program historically in the SEC until really recently.
I am not an Alabama BBall fan because my wife is not, but I support them because so many here in this community love the team. I watch college BBall, but mostly OSU games. This season was fun.

That said, I want UM to love every game in every sport in embarrassing fashion.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Jeez UGA just had their 9th player from last years team enter the portal.

Next year is probably Crean's swansong at UGA.
Yeah especially if they aren't adding players through the portal. Interesting turn of event. I had him pegged as the next big coach in the SEC, he still has time to turn it around but definitely a tough spot to be in.

Reactions: AUDub

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Yeah especially if they aren't adding players through the portal. Interesting turn of event. I had him pegged as the next big coach in the SEC, he still has time to turn it around but definitely a tough spot to be in.
They've had talent but extremely unbalanced lineups it has yet to have translated into results. When you can't parlay Claxton or Anthony Edwards into breaking even in the SEC you have major problems.

.500 is his goal this year and I'm not getting warm and fuzzy with all of this roster turnover.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
They've had talent but extremely unbalanced lineups it has yet to have translated into results. When you can't parlay Claxton or Anthony Edwards into breaking even in the SEC you have major problems.

.500 is his goal this year and I'm not getting warm and fuzzy with all of this roster turnover.
It looks like there's a chance the SEC will be top-heavy again this season. Thinking Bama, UK, Arkie, Tenn, and you guys will round out the top teams. LSU and Ole Miss are possibles, everyone else is in rebuild mode. I won't be surprised to see you all ranked as high as 4th for preseason SEC. I would say higher but methinks they are going to give UK a lot of unnecessary love again.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
It looks like there's a chance the SEC will be top-heavy again this season. Thinking Bama, UK, Arkie, Tenn, and you guys will round out the top teams. LSU and Ole Miss are possibles, everyone else is in rebuild mode. I won't be surprised to see you all ranked as high as 4th for preseason SEC. I would say higher but methinks they are going to give UK a lot of unnecessary love again.
This is right. We're both going into next season top half in talent and will both be contenders for the conference. Think the elite 8 is the ceiling for both of us right now. We'll know more as we see how these lineups gel.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
This is right. We're both going into next season top half in talent and will both be contenders for the conference. Think the elite 8 is the ceiling for both of us right now. We'll know more as we see how these lineups gel.
True ... its several ways this can go. I'll be extremely optimistic if both Primo and Shack come back. I think we will have the edge with some many key players returning starters on the roster. We should know more on how the rosters will pan out by June.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Right now I think the 3 deep is

Wendell Green - Zep Jasper - KD Johnson
KD Johnson - Desi Sills - Zep Jasper
Allen Flanigan - Devan Cambridge - Chris Moore
Jabari Smith - Jaylin Williams - Devan Cambridge
Walker Kessler - Dylan Cardwell - Stretch Akingbola

That lineup is scary.

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Right now I think the 3 deep is

Wendell Green - Zep Jasper - KD Johnson
KD Johnson - Desi Sills - Zep Jasper
Allen Flanigan - Devan Cambridge - Chris Moore
Jabari Smith - Jaylin Williams - Devan Cambridge
Walker Kessler - Dylan Cardwell - Stretch Akingbola

That lineup is scary.
So you're thinking Thor isnt coming back?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.