Omnibus Thread on SEC Teams...

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Flanigan looks like he may have gotten some of his explosiveness back. His injury last year was just such a serious setback for him and us.

Said on multiple occasions we needed him back in form for a deep run. Him not being able to participate in earnest until we were in SEC play hurt us big time come the postseason.

If he's healthy we can make a deeper run. Don't have Kessler's eraser or Jabari's raw talent, but this is still an extremely talented team that should once again compete for the SEC title. Think the ceiling is the elite 8 right now.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
We may have gotten away with some serious thievery with transfer Johni Broome from Moorehead. Defensive monster. He's not quite Kessler for obvious reasons but he's stinking good defensively.

Know it was just Israel but he tore it up.
Welcome back AUDub!

Very good points, I think we should see some fun basketball again this season from both teams. I've been trying to keep my expectations kinda hush about our team at the moment. I do believe we are both in the same boat though. We have a very high ceiling if everything pulls together correctly.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Welcome back AUDub!

Very good points, I think we should see some fun basketball again this season from both teams. I've been trying to keep my expectations kinda hush about our team at the moment. I do believe we are both in the same boat though. We have a very high ceiling if everything pulls together correctly.
I think on paper Bama clearly has more raw talent right now. We have depth and experience though to go along with some very good newcomers though.

Rotation right now

1. Wendell Green OR Zep Jasper - Tre Donaldson

2. KD Johnson - Chance Westry - Jasper

3. Allen Flanigan - Westry - Chris Moore

4. Jaylin Williams - Yohan Traore - Moore

5. Dylan Cardwell OR Johni Broome - Stretch Akingbola - Williams for small ball

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Solid roster one yalls end. I think the SEC will be a be top heavy with 5-6 teams again this season and yours should be in the top 5. I like what I see from the new guys thus far. Will like to see how that translates into games next week.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
I forgot about the trip to Israel. Am I remembering correctly that Pearl was spearheading a tourney over there? Those international trips are a great idea. Not only does it give the team experience against differently styles of play, but it also gives the kids a chance to see parts of the world they likely would have never been able to visit otherwise.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
I forgot about the trip to Israel. Am I remembering correctly that Pearl was spearheading a tourney over there? Those international trips are a great idea. Not only does it give the team experience against differently styles of play, but it also gives the kids a chance to see parts of the world they likely would have never been able to visit otherwise.
Bruce was president of the Jewish Coach's Association and has coached teams at the Maccabbiah games, so it makes sense.

And it's definitely a good trip for the kids.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
  • Haha
Reactions: TexasBama

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
24-18 after a quarter.

This team is way better than the U20s. They cut well, shoot well enough and are good from the stripe. Tony Mitchell is also a quality big and that's taking away the main advantage we had over the U20s.

Yohan Traore has 11 from the floor. He's going to be very good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.