What are you listening to (Music) III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Seeing this brings back good memories. I was lucky enough to have seen the Wolf three times in the early seventies at the Harlem Duke Club. He was a huge man. When he shook your hand, his hand swallowed yours up like you were a child. His music had a huge driving sound. His band was exceptional, and his presence dominated the stage.
You are indeed a lucky man. Very envious indeed. My dad was a piano man and I grew up listening to some of the most incredible music ever composed. Wolf is one of my favs.

Reactions: Bazza

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Changing gears, here is one of the best cult college bands of all time. Best band you've never heard of:

Last edited:

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
I took guitar lessons from Johnny in the mid 70's. Little good that it did me, except for the experience of sitting down in his Holt living room and seeing how it was supposed to be done.

He was an incredible musician. He ran the roads and rails with Robert Johnson before Robert's death.

I took Broadcast and Communication courses and remember Shines recording a few numbers in the old student center before Ferguson. Might have been this one, but an old man's memory is not as sharp as he would like.

Reactions: dtgreg and Bamaro

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
Seeing this brings back good memories. I was lucky enough to have seen the Wolf three times in the early seventies at the Harlem Duke Club. He was a huge man. When he shook your hand, his hand swallowed yours up like you were a child. His music had a huge driving sound. His band was exceptional, and his presence dominated the stage.
[/Q
I was lucky to know people that that knew what was going on and where. I was smart enough to act on that knowledge.
UOTE]

J0eW

1st Team
Jul 18, 2020
In the mid 70's there was a fine piano man paying at various clubs in the downtown area. Jerome, I believe his name was. He was in his 40 -50's and played pop like Ray Charles, stride piano in the James P. Johnson school, boogie woogie, blues and jazz. I imagine he has been dead a long time, as he enjoyed his sauce. It didn't seem to effect his playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.