What are you listening to (Music) IV

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Ran into the beachside Dollar General Market tonight on the way home to grab a few things, and saw a guy wearing a "I buy records" tee shirt. The "I" was a small "eye" - pretty catchy marketing concept. :) Ended up checking out when he did - so asked him if he did indeed buy records. He said yes and then we had some conversation. Turns out he lives right around the block and has a climate controlled warehouse with boxes and boxes of them! He said mostly deals in 45's. Took me a while to realize his market is probably those with juke boxes that play records.

Here's one of his eBay sales....the Jefferson Airplane 45 "Lather" - $34.99...not bad.

He showed me one that sold for north of $4K. Said a lot of what he deals in is in the "Do Wop" category. Must be all those boomers buying this stuff! :D

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
  • Thank You
Reactions: gtowntide and Bazza
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.