What are you listening to (Music) IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Unfortunately we're losing our iconic recording artists much too quickly for my liking.

Can't help but think about appreciating those who are still with us.

Including Robert Plant, for one.

And the amazing Joe Walsh.

From James Gang's first album in 1969 here's one of my fav. Joe Walsh songs.....with lyrics....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Humble Pie was an English rock band formed by Steve Marriott in Essex during 1969. They are known as one of the late 1960s' first supergroups and found success on both sides of the Atlantic with such songs as "Black Coffee", "30 Days in the Hole", "I Don't Need No Doctor", and "Natural Born Bugie".

The original band line-up featured lead vocalist and guitarist Steve Marriott from Small Faces, vocalist and guitarist Peter Frampton from The Herd, former Spooky Tooth bassist Greg Ridley, and a 17-year-old drummer, Jerry Shirley, from The Apostolic Intervention.

whatsamatta U

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Athens, AL

How about some Dave Brubeck. One of the all time classics.

edit: just realized this had already been posted by a cover earlier. Enjoy anyway!!
Hard to keep up with all the songs, it’s been some great threads and even better music.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Bazza

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville

Beck , Bogert and Appice. Bogert and Appice were in Vanilla Fudge. Beck got Stevie Wonder to write this for the new group. Stevie liked it so much that he recorded it first (in violation of the agreement). I like BB and A's version better. Must be played at max volume.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
How bout some ‘Outlaws’!
Can’t remember if they have had anything posted.
Thank you! Great album...great band!

And the spin off band with a song written about Ronnie Van Zant:

As the autumn wind whispers through
The tall and lonely pines
And the hour of fate is drawing close at hand
A free bird falling from the sky
Brings a bitter end to another southern man

Reactions: whatsamatta U

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL
No particular video to share, but I’ve been on a Billy Joel kick in the wheelhouse lately. His channel on Pandora/SiriusXM is full of great stuff. I really like the curated hours he does where he discusses the writing of his songs. Some really great stories about what was going on his life and lives of others that influenced certain songs. I can listen to him “talk” about music for hours

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I still have my ticket stub from the concert I attended while living in Ft Myers during their "Elemental" tour, absent Curt Smith in 1993. What an incredible performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.