What are you listening to (Music) V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
John Charles Julian Lennon (born 8 April 1963) is an English singer, musician, photographer and philanthropist. He is the founder of the White Feather Foundation.

He is the son of the Beatles member John Lennon and his first wife, Cynthia, and was the direct inspiration for three Beatles' songs: "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" (1967), "Hey Jude" (1968), and "Good Night" (1968).

His parents divorced in 1968. He has produced a number of albums, beginning with Valotte (1984). He has also held exhibitions of his photography.

In 2006, Lennon produced the environmental documentary film WhaleDreamers, and in 2020, Lennon also worked on the documentary film Women of the White Buffalo, as one of the executive producers.

Valotte reached #9 in the US charts and #55 in the UK charts.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
"Soul Sacrifice" has always been my fav. song by Santana. Their Woodstock performance....maybe the best of the entire festival? Joe Cocker and Jefferson Airplane also in the running.....and CSN&Y?

I'll just take this one, thanks......:)

Reactions: Slowpoke Catracho

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
"Soul Sacrifice" has always been my fav. song by Santana. Their Woodstock performance....maybe the best of the entire festival? Joe Cocker and Jefferson Airplane also in the running.....and CSN&Y?

I'll just take this one, thanks......:)

Absolutely great! Joe Cocker at WS was up there as well. I thought Jefferson Airplane did very well too, but they were disappointed in the performance. Mainly because it got pushed back to O dawn thirty.

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Absolutely great! Joe Cocker at WS was up there as well. I thought Jefferson Airplane did very well too, but they were disappointed in the performance. Mainly because it got pushed back to O dawn thirty.
Don't know if you knew the property where the concert was held was sold back in 1996 to Alan Gerry, a man I used to work for in 1990-91. I was his personal gardener on his Naples property in Port Royal. Main house and another property next door for his guest house. He lived in Liberty, NY but would come down to his Florida home mostly during winters but also other times. Had his own jet.

This is an interesting read of what he and his foundation did after the purchase.....pretty remarkable.....

Gerry, a US Marine Corp vet, also has an interesting background:

Jun 29, 2023
Where the land meets the sky
Dolly's rock album is a masterpiece. It's being released a little at a time. Full release is November 17. Putting What's Up? together must have been a hoot for both Dolly and Linda. Wow!

Meh. I didn't like the original or this remake. I like Dolly, but not a fan of Rock Dolly.

I did like her Bluegrass version of Collective Souls "Shine" that she cut with Nickel Creek.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads