What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
While we were still living in Norfolk and I was in grade school my oldest brother was in high school when this album came out. He brought the LP home and I played it over and over again because every dang song was so good.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Been spinning records all day on my 'fun little stereo', just finished SideC of "The Wall' (it ends with "Comfortably Numb") and I continue to contend that an all analog, tube-based sound system is the pinnacle of gorgeous music reproduction. My little system is quite simple, relatively inexpensive, but sounds beautiful.

Shot from this AM while sipping coffee:

02308764-DC1D-40B6-8A6D-006FDED29B1A.jpg

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Been spinning records all day on my 'fun little stereo', just finished SideC of "The Wall' (it ends with "Comfortably Numb") and I continue to contend that an all analog, tube-based sound system is the pinnacle of gorgeous music reproduction. My little system is quite simple, relatively inexpensive, but sounds beautiful.

Shot from this AM while sipping coffee:

View attachment 6935
Nice! Love the little crackling sounds you get with vinyl. ;)

I still have the tube receiver I had from when I was in college. And a vintage Motorola console tube stereo - the kind with side speakers and a couple more the same but solid state.

There's nothing like blasting the *^!# out of some classic rock on vinyl!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I just read that John Prine has the c-virus and is in critical condition in a Nashville hospital on a respirator. I just thought I would post this here. I’m praying for John.

• Thank You
Reactions: crimsonaudio

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
On March 30, 1967, The Beatles went to Chelsea Manor Studios in London to photograph the cover of their newest album, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. The band wore satin marching band outfits of various bright colors and posing amid cardboard cutouts of several dozen famous personages.

Photographer Michael Cooper's series of pictures would become some the most famous in rock history.

A historic photo shoot, 53 years ago today.

• Thank You
Reactions: bama579

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Jeff Beck released his "Blow By Blow" album on March 30, 1975 (some sources say March 29). It was his seventh album and recorded in October 1974. It was an instrumental record and the first released under his name alone.

After the dissolution of his power trio in the spring of 1974, Jeff took time for session work with other groups. During this period, he decided to record an all-instrumental album, bringing back keyboardist Max Middleton from the second Jeff Beck Group and hiring George Martin to produce. Carmine Appice, who played with Beck in Beck, Bogert & Appice was involved in the writing and recording process of "Blow By Blow", but his parts were edited out after a dispute with Beck's management.

Happy 45th Birthday to "Blow By Blow"!

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I own this masterpiece in four different formats, LOL.
This might have been written with you in mind.......pretty good article.

The lost art of deep listening: Choose an album. Lose the phone. Close your eyes.

Clint Eastwood listens to records at his home in 1959.
(CBS Photo Archive/Getty Images)

By Randall RobertsStaff Writer

March 17, 2020
6:23 PM

What’s your favorite album? When was the last time you listened — actually listened — to it from start to finish? With intention, like you were watching a movie or reading a novel.
Clear your schedule for the next three hours. Choose three full albums, whether from your collection or your streaming service of choice. Put them in an ordered queue as though you were programming a triple feature.
Because, listen:
Musicians spend years making their albums. They struggle over syllables, melodies, bridges and rhythms with the same intensity with which you compare notes on the “Forensic Files” reboot, loot corpses in “Fortnite” or pound Cabernet during pandemics.

(lots more at the link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.