What are you listening to (Music)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaball2001

All-American
Aug 30, 2007
Snellville Georgia
Today I am listening to Them featuring Van Morrison when he was a kid in the 60s doing the bar circuit in England, although I think he was from Ireland.

"Mystic Eyes", "Gloria" (the original), "Here comes the night", and a song named "I'm gonna dress in black" that could be a musical theft of the Animals "House of the rising sun". I wonder if this album came out before the Animals did House?

:BigA: RTR!

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Today I am listening to Them featuring Van Morrison when he was a kid in the 60s doing the bar circuit in England, although I think he was from Ireland.

"Mystic Eyes", "Gloria" (the original), "Here comes the night", and a song named "I'm gonna dress in black" that could be a musical theft of the Animals "House of the rising sun". I wonder if this album came out before the Animals did House?

:BigA: RTR!
I have both albums and they are both dated 1964.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
Asleep at the Wheel's tribute albums to Bob Wills.

Texas swing...great stuff! (esp. "Faded Love," "Take Me Back to Tulsa," and "Blues for Dixie"). Makes me wish mrs. exiled & I knew how to dance the two-step. Reminded me of a guitar player buddy's reply to my question whether he'd ever played any TX swing. "Naw, man...you've gotta be GOOD to play that stuff..." (and this guy is very, very good)

*sings* "if you've got a baby in Birmingham, maybe, you'll know the reason why...I'm gonna be blue till I'm on that ol' choo-choo heading down south again...there goes that train that's making me blue for Dixie..." ;)

(related aside: the version of "Faded Love" on this features Lyle Lovett, who totally nails the vocals imo)

exiled

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Asleep at the Wheel's tribute albums to Bob Wills.

Texas swing...great stuff! (esp. "Faded Love," "Take Me Back to Tulsa," and "Blues for Dixie"). Makes me wish mrs. exiled & I knew how to dance the two-step. Reminded me of a guitar player buddy's reply to my question whether he'd ever played any TX swing. "Naw, man...you've gotta be GOOD to play that stuff..." (and this guy is very, very good)

*sings* "if you've got a baby in Birmingham, maybe, you'll know the reason why...I'm gonna be blue till I'm on that ol' choo-choo heading down south again...there goes that train that's making me blue for Dixie..." ;)

(related aside: the version of "Faded Love" on this features Lyle Lovett, who totally nails the vocals imo)

exiled
If you like Texas Swing check out Asleep At The Wheel. Roy Benson is da bomb!!

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Earth Wind and Fire
The Crusaders - Chain Reaction
Temptations Greatest Hits
Four Tops Greatest Hits
Might Sam McClain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.