What are you reading right now (II)?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I decided to read another Jack Reacher novel. Very simple minded books, but just the right kind of book for a busy mind.

Reactions: Bodhisattva

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I haven't visited this thread in a while.

It's a good time for reading. ..is there a bad time?

"250 WPM (words per minute)" is said to be the average readers speed, "achieved by the 6th grade"

"For success in college you should be able to read 350 to 450 words per minute"

I consider myself to be a slow reader, pausing to think about a passage and sometimes rereading a sentence or paragraph.
I read for two reasons - to absorb content and for recreation. I read much faster when I just need to absorb the content (when reading for work or technical manuals/books). When reading for fun, I want to see the world built around me in my mind's eye, so I read much more slowly.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
A couple I'm working on. An Inconvenient Death by Dan Walsh; The Depths of Courage, American Submariners at War with Japan, 1941-1945, by Flint Whitlock and Ron Smith; The Fleet at Flood TIde, America at Total War in the Pacific, 1944-45, by James D. Hornfischer. In the bullpen warming up: Walk the Wire (a Memory Man book), David Baldacci's latest.

Reactions: seebell

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
A couple I'm working on. An Inconvenient Death by Dan Walsh; The Depths of Courage, American Submariners at War with Japan, 1941-1945, by Flint Whitlock and Ron Smith; The Fleet at Flood TIde, America at Total War in the Pacific, 1944-45, by James D. Hornfischer. In the bullpen warming up: Walk the Wire (a Memory Man book), David Baldacci's latest.
Finished Walk the Wire. Excellent reading, as always with DB. Small spoiler: the author brings in a couple of characters from another of his series to help the Memory Man out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.