What are you reading right now (II)?

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I love and own the miniseries. Your post made me curious because I am interested in reading the books also. There are conflicting reviews on Amazon. My take is that people agree Lonesome Dove is the best in the series. Those that enjoyed the other books recommended reading in chronological order. Those that didn't really care for the other books recommended reading Lonesome Dove first.
You might like the podcast I linked then. They do spend some time on the differences between the books and the miniseries. I agree with them, it's hard to like the miniseries as well if you read the book first.

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
You might like the podcast I linked then. They do spend some time on the differences between the books and the miniseries. I agree with them, it's hard to like the miniseries as well if you read the book first.
I will check it out later today. Thanks for the link!(y)

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Currently I'm reading Rage by Bob Woodward, and A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. I finished Oliver Twist a couple of weeks ago, then read From Earth to the Moon by Jules Verne. I've been on a classics kick lately. I really enjoy reading Dickens.

bamatude

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 18, 2004
How do you like Clive Cussler? I have a few books by him that I picked up at the used book store. Haven't read them yet.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
How do you like Clive Cussler? I have a few books by him that I picked up at the used book store. Haven't read them yet.
If you are looking for what I call "easy summer reading", he and Lee Child (Jack Reacher novels) are about as good as it gets.

Cussler's best books were his original Dirk Pitt novels. When read in order, they are even better.

Reactions: Bamafaninco1

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I second what B1GTide wrote. They are fun, lights reads. There are five different series, and I'm up to the present on the first three. Just starting the Isaac Bell series and then I'll start the Fargo series. Took me a while to track down all the hardcover editions.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.