What are your Thanksgiving plans?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
We'll be doing dinner at my sister-in-law's. This will be my first holiday season without my mother, so frankly I don't know what to expect, emotion-wise. Food-wise, as long as I have turkey and dressing, I'm good.
It will be our first without my father. And since we may be traveling on Thanksgiving Day I really don't know. I'm considering taking another few days rom work but I've taken off so much already I'm not sure I want to do that. Still, I may have to.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I imagine the holidays are particularly tough for you, Selma. Hang in there. You always have scores of friends on TF to keep you company if you are feeling down. :)
Well, there's usually nobody here online on Thanksgiving itself - I've tried, ha ha.....

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Hey Selma, you and that lady you posted about getting separate rooms? Or a one-bed love nest?:tongue:
Well, there's two and possibly four right now.

The first one - we'll call her Hockey Girl - is the Ravens fan who I said is hot by 47-year old standards but not otherwise. Actually sent me a text that I awakened to on the morning I flew out for the Vols game. That was nice. I did the same for her the next week as she went back home to MD for a wedding. But the next time I saw her I got high maintenance girl, really demanding. My assessment - based on observations of her which are a lot - is that though she's been divorced for about 17 years now, she has never really recovered emotionally from it and is probably not who I need to be involved with at this point.

The second one - actually had a date DURING the MSU game. Went okay. She's been in the online game awhile, I have a problem with it because I'm old school. We're planning to talk next week but in all probability we're BOTH on rebound so I don't expect it to go much of anywhere long-term substantial.

The third one is an Okie State fan and really hawt. No kids at home (like me), in shape (almost like me), and independent enough to take it or leave it, which has a certain level of sex appeal I gotta admit.

The fourth one is an underwear model. That's all I have to say about that.

Nobody is going with me, no. Not this time anyway.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
We'll be doing dinner at my sister-in-law's. This will be my first holiday season without my mother, so frankly I don't know what to expect, emotion-wise. Food-wise, as long as I have turkey and dressing, I'm good.
Sorry, man. That can be rough.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Study and study some more. They decided to have us take a test the Monday after thanksgiving, while we also have a test this Monday. The one this Monday is worth 15% while the one next Monday is worth 5%. I haven’t even started studying for the one after thanksgiving. LOL

But on a seriously note, I am in charge of getting the turkey and cooking it. I bought a pasture raised free range turkey from a local farmer. I was told I needed to brine. So what are y’alls best method for brining then roasting a turkey? I’m not frying it, so don’t tell me I need to. :smile:

I heard this recipe is pretty tasty! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/good-eats-roast-turkey-recipe-1950271

I remember those days. It really stunk. I always wondered why these colleges do that. why not just start fall classes a week earlier?

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I remember those days. It really stunk. I always wondered why these colleges do that. why not just start fall classes a week earlier?
We have 4 tests in 4 weeks along with a culture presentation and two validations. This is all before December 11. We have had 4 weeks between our last test. Why they didn’t put another test in between the last one is beyond me. 55% of our grade is from this Monday till December 11. :frown:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It will be our first without my father. And since we may be traveling on Thanksgiving Day I really don't know. I'm considering taking another few days rom work but I've taken off so much already I'm not sure I want to do that. Still, I may have to.
That first one without a close loved one is always tough...

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
My daughter that lives in Nashville is coming for dinner so there will only be four of us. My plans are to eat, watch football, and play my new guitar. That’s an ideal day at my house.

Here’s to everyone having a blessed day.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
We wound up staying until tomorrow. The trio of my wife, my mom, and myself prepped the chicken 'n' dressin' yesterday and we'll get everything cooked today. Mrs. NT16's mom will join us this afternoon. Only nice people will be there. Sadly, it is the very first holiday without my dad. Happily, the ones who care about each other have drawn closer together. My dad would like that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.