What are your top 5 football movies of all time?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Hoosiers, Hoop Dreams (if you count documentaries), Love & Basketball, White Men Can't Jump, He Got Game. Those are all solid to very good.

Idk if Uncut Gems counts as a basketball movie or not.

But I do agree that there are a lot of mediocre to straight up bad basketball movies.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Hoosiers, Hoop Dreams (if you count documentaries), Love & Basketball, White Men Can't Jump, He Got Game. Those are all solid to very good.

Idk if Uncut Gems counts as a basketball movie or not.

But I do agree that there are a lot of mediocre to straight up bad basketball movies.
I wonder if some of the actors/directors/producers have ever actually seen a basketball game

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

sawdawg30

Bamanation Citizen
Jan 18, 2022
Remember the Titans
Facing the Giants
We Are Marshall
Little Giants
Forrest Gump (roll tide) We could use his return capabilities next year lol.

Last edited:

Joefus

Scout Team
Jan 3, 2021
1. Waterboy
2. Remember the titans
3. Varsity blues
4. The replacements
5. The best of times

6. The wildcats
7. Necessary roughness

Last edited:

MILEHIGHTIDE

3rd Team
Apr 9, 2011
Just making a statement only a mere observation. I respect almost anyone’s opinion as well as their varied tastes regarding most things not any and all things but most.

Movies is one because of the varied tastes but there have been only a few rudy, even with the irish hatred, and I have not seen any or very very minimal semi-tough, school ties, and lucas votes. Like I said before I have not seen many of these or many of these in a long time. Is there a hidden meaning in some of these movies or did they suck. What I do remember about lucas was that that the brainy kid goes after the girl type movie correct? One of the corey’s movies. Semi tough was more adult themed. School ties was good I thought and had brendan frasier and matt damon in the lead roles.

JDCrimson

All-American
Feb 12, 2006
For basketball, any kid who wants to play the game needs to watch Hoosiers and The Pistol.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Not a football movie, but Bama football in the movies. I love it when this stuff pops up in a flick. A young Dub Taylor, had on a block A Bama sweater that he took off right before this scene. This was in "You Can't Take It With You", 1938 award winner. Great movie.
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 12.28.14 PM.png

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
I cannot sit back and watch list after list omit one of the funniest “football” movies of all time go unmentioned.
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

Latest threads

New Bama Gear!