what beers are you enjoying this winter

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Classic City Lager is also good, and a nice change of pace from IPAs (if you're like me and have been drinking lots of IPAs).
classic city lager is quite good. as i age, i tend to like good tasting 4% beers :D . arches makes lloyd's light which is available in a few stores in the atlanta area. its a similar style beer.

in the last few years, georgia has become a beer mecca

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
classic city lager is quite good. as i age, i tend to like good tasting 4% beers :D . arches makes lloyd's light which is available in a few stores in the atlanta area. its a similar style beer.

in the last few years, georgia has become a beer mecca

Will have to check out the Arches light offering. I love a full bodied IPA, but there is a huge gap in the market with good tasting, low ABV brews. I have been digging on a lot of low ABV stuff lately (Classic City, Local Gold, Lay Low, Tritonia). Love seeing more of it show up.

Agree that Georgia's craft beer market has gotten stronger over the last few years. I've stopped buying a lot of expensive, out-of-state stuff because there is so many good local places.

What's your favorite local brewery?

Reactions: 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Will have to check out the Arches light offering. I love a full bodied IPA, but there is a huge gap in the market with good tasting, low ABV brews. I have been digging on a lot of low ABV stuff lately (Classic City, Local Gold, Lay Low, Tritonia). Love seeing more of it show up.

Agree that Georgia's craft beer market has gotten stronger over the last few years. I've stopped buying a lot of expensive, out-of-state stuff because there is so many good local places.

What's your favorite local brewery?
arches is my go to. my buddy owns it and my wife and i pitched in when they did their start up. he was a long time home brewer who eventually opened up shop in 2015-16. i helped him brew a keg in his basement for my wife's and my wedding. anyway, they are a lager focused brewery, but do a lot of other stuff as well. they also have a couple of good 5% lagers (mexican emprire and southide lager) and a nice high 5% hefe (queenswiess). they are available in kroger, publix and whole foods around the metro area, and several of the in-town and southside bars.

monday night has an awesome set up near the west-end marta station (monday night garage) and there are a couple of other brew pub options there as well.

reformation (woodstock) and creature comforts (athens) have some good stuff i check out seasonally.

we also have great growler shop/bar next door to our office, beer girl, that has 32 taps plus a large selection of craft brews and wine. they always have a good selection of georgia beers rotating through. I can't remember what they were, but i had a couple of really good pints there from omaha brewing . they are located about an hour south of columbus.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
arches is my go to. my buddy owns it and my wife and i pitched in when they did their start up. he was a long time home brewer who eventually opened up shop in 2015-16. i helped him brew a keg in his basement for my wife's and my wedding. anyway, they are a lager focused brewery, but do a lot of other stuff as well. they also have a couple of good 5% lagers (mexican emprire and southide lager) and a nice high 5% hefe (queenswiess). they are available in kroger, publix and whole foods around the metro area, and several of the in-town and southside bars.

monday night has an awesome set up near the west-end marta station (monday night garage) and there are a couple of other brew pub options there as well.

reformation (woodstock) and creature comforts (athens) have some good stuff i check out seasonally.

we also have great growler shop/bar next door to our office, beer girl, that has 32 taps plus a large selection of craft brews and wine. they always have a good selection of georgia beers rotating through. I can't remember what they were, but i had a couple of really good pints there from omaha brewing . they are located about an hour south of columbus.
I've a number of Arches beers - good stuff.

I'm out near Marietta / Roswell, so my go-to's lately have been Variant, Schoolhouse, Gate City, and Burnt Hickory (if I want to make the drive).

Monday Night has pushed out a lot of good stuff since they opened the Garage.

Reactions: 92tide

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I’m drawn to the IPA spectrum of beers, though I only have one or two in any sitting. I’m always trying new ones, but I’ve only found a handful that were impressive enough to keep stocked in the fridge...including “Take the Causeway IPA“ which is brewed right here in Fairhope, Alabama.

“Ghost in the Machine” is the best IPA that I’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting. It’s brewed in Broussard, Louisiana, and I’ve not had a problem finding it throughout Alabama. If you enjoy IPA’s but haven’t tried this one, do yourself a favor and try one.

89EC0D3D-578D-4BD2-B16A-52B25DAEB387.jpeg

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
head's up to all of the alabama-based liquid yeast aficionados. arches is starting distribution into some alabama markets; birmingham, tuscaloosa, mobile, and montgomery

Reactions: BearFoot

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I’m drawn to the IPA spectrum of beers, though I only have one or two in any sitting. I’m always trying new ones, but I’ve only found a handful that were impressive enough to keep stocked in the fridge...including “Take the Causeway IPA“ which is brewed right here in Fairhope, Alabama.

“Ghost in the Machine” is the best IPA that I’ve ever had the pleasure of tasting. It’s brewed in Broussard, Louisiana, and I’ve not had a problem finding it throughout Alabama. If you enjoy IPA’s but haven’t tried this one, do yourself a favor and try one.

View attachment 10143
I love Ghost. I first had it when a co-worker (from Louisiana) brought some back after visiting her parents. Then it showed p in Florida near where we vacation. And later last year, we started seeing it in GA. Its a super tasty IPA.

If you can find them, Parish makes some other really good IPAs. Nova Vert (typically in the winter) and Dr. Juice are delicious. Their pale ale (Envie) and wheat beer (Canebrake) are both really good as well.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Just had ghost in the machine for the first time. It was probably the best I PA I have had. Thanks for the recommendation.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
If you like a citrusy IPA, you should give a try to POG Basement (Scofflaw Brewing Co. , Atl, Ga).

At 7.5 ABV it really hits the sweetspot for me. I get a twelve-pack of the 16oz. cans for about $18. That's dang hard to beat!

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

View attachment 10143
A beer buddy of mine lives in Monroe and was shipping this stuff to me years ago before they distributed here.

Have the Nova/Opus Vert if you haven't already, or DDH Envie if you can find it. These guys know what they're doing.

One of the first of the cloudy, low bitterness IPAs I had. Unfortunately I've about burned out on the style and have migrated back to dank IPAs.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
If you like a citrusy IPA, you should give a try to POG Basement (Scofflaw Brewing Co. , Atl, Ga).

At 7.5 ABV it really hits the sweetspot for me. I get a twelve-pack of the 16oz. cans for about $18. That's dang hard to beat!
This is another that I’ve been keeping in the fridge lately...along with the regular version of “Basement.” The strange thing is that, here in Fairhope it costs about $10 for a six pack of 12oz cans ...but $15 for a 12pack of 16oz cans🤔

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.