What did UF DO in Their Rush Game We Didn't Know or Couldn't Adjust to??

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Butch also wasn’t like the 12th choice in a fiasco coaching search that resulted in a hiring and firing of a coach (Schiano) that was caused by a fake news story, a firing of an AD because he spoke to Mike Leach, and Phil Fulmer becoming AD. I understand wanting to start your career but starting your career in a situation that is beyond comprehension is beyond idiotic. Anyone who saw what was happening at Tennessee saw it was a losing prospect.

If Pruitt wants to come back and is able then so be it. But until then he deserves all the criticism for his stupid decisions.
It's notable that there's one assistant Saban wanted desperately to bring back and the AD said "no." I suspect the same thing would happen with CJP. However the press thinks Saban gets whatever he asks for, when he's made it abundantly clear in the past that that's not what happens...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Don't know what the Jets are paying him, but I imagine a boy from Alabama would prefer coming back to Bama over the Big Apple any day. I could be wrong. He could prefer the NFL. He might have more HC aspirations, but a few years back at Bama wouldn't hurt him if so.
There's basically zero chance he's getting paid for his advisory role in NY what he'd get paid as DC at Bama.

Also no telling as to whether Saban is interested in having him back, or if Saban is dissatisfied with our current DC.

I don't know how CNS could be happy with what's happening on the field, but he's forgotten more about football than I'll ever know so I just have to trust and sit and watch.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It's notable that there's one assistant Saban wanted desperately to bring back and the AD said "no." I suspect the same thing would happen with CJP. However the press thinks Saban gets whatever he asks for, when he's made it abundantly clear in the past that that's not what happens...
Hugh?

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
In year four under Golding...

I SOOOOO want to eat crow on my criticism of his work, but just when I think Bama's D is back, something like this happens. I can excuse the option - that's a tall ask to manage that in-game - but even outside of the the D looked cautious / confused and displayed a lot of poor technique. All of that points to the DC.

At some point we'll have to stop blaming 'everything under the sun except the DC' for the under-performance.
This.

This, for the life of me, I cannot get my head around...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If he’s not, then something is truly wrong. Either that, or no one on this board actually knows anything about football…
Something is going on, I just don't know what.

I do realize a couple of things:
1- we have enough knowledgable football folks here to diagnose issues, and there are more than a few that see issues, and
2- we have no idea where the missteps or weaknesses are coming from as we generally don't have access to the called plays, but we know the defense has looked pretty consistently 'sub-standard' for four straight years.

We'll see how the season unfolds...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.