What did we learn from the Georgia loss?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I mean, does this UGA team beat UF? I'm not so sure.

I'm certainty less worried about them now. They're still talented though so you never know.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
We learned that on a Saturday when you are NOT FOCUSED on taking care of your BUSINESS, another teams may be FOCUSED on kicking your behind.

And when the game is over you look around at each other and say, HOW did that happen. STUFF just happens sometimes when you are NOT FOCUSED
and TOTALLY prepared. Bama, please be FOCUSED and PREPARED for 10RC!

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
I'll say it (and be flamed mercilessly):

I learned what I already suspected – that Georgia was vastly overrated.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I just spent about 15 minutes on the UGA message boards. They are criticizing Kirby and Fromm and the OC and how the offense needs to change.

They also said they heard in the pre game interview with Kirby that he made a comment that" the team was not ready to play today". So, I guess Kirby had an idea. I have not seen them play much but based on the highlights it seems they start off slow and this time they just did not seem motivated.

Bama gets that way sometimes. I just hope Bama does not get that way at all this year ! It can happen to any team.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
I just spent about 15 minutes on the UGA message boards. They are criticizing Kirby and Fromm and the OC and how the offense needs to change.

They also said they heard in the pre game interview with Kirby that he made a comment that" the team was not ready to play today". So, I guess Kirby had an idea. I have not seen them play much but based on the highlights it seems they start off slow and this time they just did not seem motivated.

Bama gets that way sometimes. I just hope Bama does not get that way at all this year ! It can happen to any team.
It does happen to every team – though the point is moot if you're talking about inferior teams.

Wouldn't you agree, however, that good teams most often overcome slow starts when they're playing inferior opponents?

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
We learned that on a Saturday when you are NOT FOCUSED on taking care of your BUSINESS, another teams may be FOCUSED on kicking your behind.

And when the game is over you look around at each other and say, HOW did that happen. STUFF just happens sometimes when you are NOT FOCUSED
I don’t think anyone will have to worry about them being focused on UT.......Saban has already started talking about rat poison, so he will be on them this week about focus

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Sooooo....whaddya think? Focus?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
LOL. Gotcha, man.
Most of us on here are not “ SEC! SEC! SEC!” Chanters and could not care less if the sec has 13 losses in a week as long as Bama wins. But the few that do is mostly based on the perception SOS matters in the CFP era and just have geographical preference. But almost all on here hate Tennessee, Auburn, and UGA more than anyone in the country. There are quite a few that hate the 4 new additions, but most don’t really care.

But I think where you are coming from is when you were arguing KM vs Tua. Personally I don’t care about the heisman but most here have a bad taste in their mouth over how AJ got the “game manager” tag and couldn’t get a starting job in the pros. So most of this board really wanted Tua to get the heisman (which we can agree to disagree that he deserved it) because of the perception of Alabama qbs nationally. So you really picked a sore subject to go the other way on.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Are you saying a Big 12 fan can actually be critical of an SEC team on ANY SEC forum and NOT be flamed? :eek:
Scrybe, you clearly don't spend much time around Georgia fans. In a phrase: Delusional, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Scrybe, you clearly don't spend much time around Georgia fans. In a phrase: Delusional, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
Yeah I didn’t until the National Championship game. Auburn fans for years told me that they love Alabama fans coming to JHS but wished there was a way they could ban UGA fans. I use to pass it off as just kissing my butt with false class until I actually met UGA fans.

My latest experience was that I was running the 40 second clock at a high school game with a Georgia fan running the game clock. He was openly blasting me and the announcer’s love for going to bama games, and then started bragging about selling a ND fan and his 4 year old son fake tickets for the game just because he was duped by an unauthorized fake scalper.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
1. KS can't win a tough, close game even with far better players...
2. Muschamp clearly outmotivated his players...they have decent talent, but not UGA's.
Georgia always seems to find a way to trip up on the way to the finish line. On the other hand, I don't think SC is a bad team. They do seem to play hard, but just don't have enough pieces to put together a total team.

scrybe

3rd Team
Sep 6, 2019
Were you referring to Georgia fans or to me with that "delusional, drunk and stupid" comment? :smile:

If it was Georgia fans, just think about Texas, Okie Lite and Kansas fans, and you might want to reconsider.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.